Still rambling

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ice in Brantford Monday

so , my kids did get their snow day Monday.... more like an ICE day..... I stayed home with them, it was quite fun...

Poor Abby came FLYING down to my room at 20 after 8, frantic.. that i'd slept in.... I had decided not to wake her to tell her there was no school... but by the time she woke up herself, she was so frantic, that she didn't even bother going back to bed! poor kid!

It was Anna's 15th Birthday on Monday... so we got to just relax, watch a movie or two..... the kids played on the internet, and over all, it was really relaxing....

We bought a cake for Anna ( since I'd not expected to be there for her birthday, I'd not made one... ) .... and then didn't have time to eat it.. so I sent it home with them, and they celebrated her birthday last night in paris....

Here are some photos of the ice.....
check out the one of Taylor's window... wicked ice build up on the screen.. ugh

























Here are a couple of shots taken from the third floor of my town house..... sure looks blase in the clouds and rain huh??

















my car looks no better from the top than it does from the ground!!

3 Comments:

At January 17, 2007 5:43 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Snow days are wonderful. My most memorable snow day was when I was in grade 4. The empty bus slid into the ditch as the kids looked on - cheering, of course. The driver was OK, but they had to radio for another bus.

All the neighbourhood kids stayed out and played in the snow. When the substitute bus came, we grudgingly left our fun and went to school.

We were only there for about a 1/2 hour when - you guess it - all the bus students were sent home!

Ah, sometimes I really miss being a kid!!!

 
At January 18, 2007 7:34 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hoping for a snow day this week but it didn't come. I know we've had an easy winter so far but do we really have to make up for it all in one week?? ~g~

 
At January 21, 2007 9:33 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Have you noticed that even tho it has been 4 loooooong days since you have posted that I have not been harassing you?? Even tho I have no idea if you've fallen off the side of the earth.....if you are laying sick and dying somewhere.....if you have joined a monastary and become a monk...if the Rapture has happened and you were the only lucky one to go....despite all those frightful possibilities I am merely patiently waiting. Not bugging.Not reminding. Not bothering you at all. Just waiting. That's me.

Just wondered if you had noticed. That's all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home