Still rambling

Sunday, January 14, 2007

New TV Shelf

I spent a few hours yesterday moving some stuff around my basement.....

My office/bedroom is the only real room in the downstairs... And it's a drop zone.... As soon as we arrive here, the kids usually unload their back packs, and boots and coats... And I unpack all my inspection stuff from the car and it all gets dropped in here.... Until today, it's been FULL Of stuff.... Now that the back room is empty, I could put the bulk of it away back there...

anyway, it's a big relief... I actually vacuumed my office tonight... Found out the carpet is BROWN .. Who knew!!!

For the last 4 years or more, my TV Stand has been two big wooden electrical wire spools..... I used the bottom parts to put videos on... But they kept falling off.... So yesterday, being completely frustrated with the mess of my office and in back room, I moved a big shelf from the back room, put the TV on it.. And cleaned out the back room... WHOO AHHH ... Did it feel good to get the mess cleaned up.....

9 Comments:

At January 15, 2007 6:52 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

I did a little bit of that, myself. No where near close to being done.

I will get my inspiration to clean when the winter weather sets in...who wants to go out in the snow and the cold, any way???

My task is made even more daunting because I'm LOOKING for something!!!

Can anyone say "needle in a haystack"??? LOL!

I know what you mean about the "drop zone". The room where I have my computer is our "multi purpose area" Somewhere along the line, it also became the drop zone for all the junk mail that should be shredded (so we don't become a victim of identity theft!)

 
At January 15, 2007 6:53 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Incidentially, I forgot to tell you...the room looks nice.

Judging from the number of books on the wall, it would appear that you are well read, too!

 
At January 15, 2007 7:51 a.m. , Blogger Angela said...

I see the shelf over your bed is used to put your "empties" on. Very clever. Does it hold the whole 24???

 
At January 15, 2007 3:08 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Looks very nice.Now, how long will it stay this way??!

 
At January 15, 2007 4:46 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you alphabetize when you put those books on the shelf or am I pushing it here????

 
At January 16, 2007 7:45 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And just what kind of bottle are those anyway???

 
At January 16, 2007 8:37 a.m. , Blogger Paul said...

those lovely brown bottles are collectable Stewart's Root Beer Bottles......

http://www.drinkstewarts.com/

tsk tsk tsk do you HONESTLY think.... that I, having never tasted beer in my LIFE, would display a beer BOTTLE? jeepers!

 
At January 16, 2007 3:43 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

We didn't really think that at all....we were just checking!!

Ha! I figured out I CAN comment while I"m at work...it will just come up anonymous...whoohoo!

 
At January 16, 2007 11:18 p.m. , Blogger Catherine said...

Looks great! There's nothing better for lifting the winter blahs then tidying the house...seriously! Now...if I could just convince myself of that we'd be in business.

Like the new TV shelf. Heck, I'm not going to rent movies, I'll just borrow yours. Do you deliver to your sister's place? :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home