Still rambling

Saturday, January 06, 2007

More Random Pictures from the holidays

Here's a picture of the kids on Thursday afternoon, when we left Mom and Dads...
















This picture was of the Christmas baking.... we apparently made short work of mom's stash!!!















Wednesday afternoon, the Churchills and the Mackays went bowling .... It was the girls in one lane, and the boys in another......



There were a couple of noteable shots... Taylor shot one, that bounced out of our lane, and into the girls ..... missed all of the pins in THEIR lane, and used up Anna's last shot... he was NOT popular!

After a while, we had them put the bumpers up, to help reduce the number of gutter balls...... I took one shot, I mean.. I BLISTERED it down the alley.... hit the bumper, and it went carreening into the corner... never touched a pin... I NEVER GOT ONE PIN down... with the BUMPERS up.....

David's mouth fell open.. HOW DID YOU DO THAT???? it takes a special skill, with bumpers up, to NOT knock a pin down, thank you very much!!!!

For most of us, bowling was an excercise in humility ...... Carol, at one point, decided it was futile to bowl frontwards.... and bowled backwards.....
















I'm not saying she's better that way..... but you tell me????















ok, that was not the same turn.... you'd have picked up on that, if you saw there were only two pins left when she bowled backwards...

On the way home from bowling, I saw this
pretty sunset view of the Bridge at the top end of downtown Belleville.... I took this while Taylor was driving... just think about how many more pictures I can take, now that I have a second DRIVER in this family!!








Taylor brought his guns to Belleville ( He has 3.... two BB guns and one airsoft pellet gun ) ..... Gramma has had a hate on for some of the rodents in the back yard.. and has threatened to buy a gun... in fact, DID go to buy one a couple of years ago...... she went, though, to TOYS R US ..... they didn't actually have the calibre she needed!!! anyway, taylor convinced gramma she should try the gun.... blew the can right off the top of the little arbour..... DEAD EYE MOM!!


















13 Comments:

At January 06, 2007 1:07 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

You have some wonderful memories there, Paul.

The sunset is beautiful...I copied it for my desktop. It's so much SAFER for you to take photos, now that you have a second driver!

 
At January 06, 2007 3:01 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Do you think maybe your Mom just found a new stashing place??

I haven't bowled in ages! I can't get used to small balls again after years of only big ones.

You are doing well if you can takes pictures while your son drives.Joanna drove us to Halifax and back yesterday and there are still marks in the seat where I held on for dear life! She's a good driver...I'm just a very nervous passenger.

Ummm...I checked out the list of Most Stylish Men for 2006 and couldn't find you anywhere...what happened?????

I dreamed last night that we saw your family at Swiss Chalet in Halifax!! You were riding in a truck with Bruce and you looked all scruffy and pretty rough so I didn't go talk to you!! Maybe that's why you didn't make the stylish list??

 
At January 08, 2007 9:31 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

IF the BB Gun isn't sufficient, I can give your Mom some lessons with a 30.06, 30.30 - big enough caliber that there's nothing left of the critter to clean up!

 
At January 09, 2007 6:50 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Ho, hum. That was Saturday...this is Tuesday night...nothing new to read...sigh.

 
At January 10, 2007 12:52 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Oh my goodness, is it Wednesday already?? Hard to believe you haven't written a new post since Saturday isn't it??!!

 
At January 10, 2007 4:41 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Maybe he went back to the bowling alley???

 
At January 11, 2007 3:34 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Who knows...maybe the next time his Mom tried her shooting skills she missed the target!

 
At January 12, 2007 8:58 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just recently found your blog...
through some other Ontario bloggers...just across the border from me (sorta)...come back soon and God Bless !

donna

 
At January 12, 2007 7:27 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Instead of "Where's Waldo", we can play "Where's Paul"...LOL!

Did you give up blogging as a New Year's Resolution? If so, BREAK the resolution...we MISS YOU!!!

 
At January 12, 2007 9:50 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Has ANYONE seen Paul????

 
At January 13, 2007 7:24 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Haven't SEEN him, but I've heard his voice...on the phone, not in my head!

 
At January 13, 2007 12:15 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

When we start hearing his voice in our heads we will know we are truely in trouble!!

 
At January 13, 2007 2:16 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Hey Gayle...That's why I thought that I had better clarify my comment!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home