Still rambling

Friday, December 22, 2006

Hockey Night in Belleville

Well... for starters, sorry I haven't blogged much this week.... have been pushing to get as much work done as I can, so I can take some time off next week.... that, and Christmas shopping, etc etc.

Today, i was in Minden area in the morning, and in Beaverton in the afternoon... am getting to see lots of Beautiful country side lately...

Then came to Belleville for supper with my folks... I was late getting packed up in Peterborough, and phoned just before 6 to say " Eat without me "
cause I'm gonna be late..... stopped in Hastings for fuel, stopped at the Future Shop for a couple of minutes, went to Staples to exchange something.... and finally got to my parents house at 8 ... and guess what? They'd waited to eat... oops !! Man did I feel like a dork....
supper was worth the wait, though.... Sea Food Linguini.. home made, by my mom... with shrimp, smoked oysters and hmmm something else... I can't remember what... hubba hubba... sure was good.

After supper, Dad and I went to the basement to tackle his Family Christmas Present ... he bought one of those big hockey table games, at Costco.....

Dad had started it last night,
and tonight, we were 2 1/2 hours working on it together.... when all was said and done, dad and I had a game.... I lost 2-0 and came upstairs pouting... !!

















It is a way neat game.....












when we finished, I was helping dad sort out all the empty cardboard and plastic wrap.. and I noticed THIS on the box....





YEAH RIGHT!!! Fast!!
6 man hours it was getting put together....
However, it was worth every second of it!!









Out of curiosity, I counted up the parts from the parts list... 571 pieces.....

wicked eh?? anyway, dad and I are proud of ourselves!!!

6 Comments:

At December 23, 2006 8:57 a.m. , Blogger Catherine said...

Oooo...looks like fun! Can ya pop that puppy in the car and bring it to your brother's for NY day? ;o)-

 
At December 23, 2006 9:07 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

It's nice that you still play family games together...there's nothing like quality time!

Merry Christmas!

 
At December 23, 2006 9:07 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO glad ours came all put together!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

G

 
At December 23, 2006 9:27 a.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

And proud you should be...perhaps it's only fast if you read the directions??! We have a pool that says you can set it up in 15 minutes but in reality it takes that long just to get it drug out of the box. Not sure who tests these things.

Seafood Linguine sounds amazing and well worth waiting till 8 for! You're still a spoiled child aren't you??!

We have missed you in blogging world this week...life will return to "normal" soon for all of us.

 
At December 23, 2006 1:31 p.m. , Blogger jel said...

looks you2 did a good job of it! :)

have a great week!


blessings

 
At December 24, 2006 6:02 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks fun....but where is the Blue & White jerseys? Tsk Tsk....and I was gonna make a bet!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home