Still rambling

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Mom's Christmas Baking Stash


every year, at my mom and dad's house, my mom bakes up a storm.... for a woman that is only allowed to eat gluten free and dairy free things, it's amazing that she even DOES bake.... but she does.... and lots ............. and then wrecks it all by hiding the stuff.....

Bruce and I usually go on a treasure hunt trying to find where she's hidden it..... after we each broke a tooth or two sneaking frozen cookies, mom quit hiding them in the freezer...... now it's ANYBODY's guess as to where they end up......

that is, until last weekend.... I happened to be leaving through the garage, which I hardly ever do... ( I'm a front door kinda guy.... if I don't get to go in the front door, I don't bother going IN! I'm sure all of the other inspectors at Farmers' think I'm haughty.... I enter the office at the front door, cause I'm too good to park out back! ok, it's not that way...)

I digress....

so I was leaving mom and dad's through the garage, and as I turned to punch the code to shut the door, I spotted this year's Christmas baking stash............

WHOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

And since I'm at least an hour and a half away, I'm sure Bruce is going to get to it long before I ever get there....

TSK!


4 Comments:

At December 17, 2006 7:54 a.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Your Mom obviously has years of experience! I hadn't thought of the garage but then my kids aren't quite so persistent either! I can remember Mom hiding stuff in the dryer once...it wasn't christmas but it was something she was trying to keep out of Hub's way...she succeeded too...what guy ever looks in the dryer for anything at all??!

 
At December 17, 2006 7:59 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Yum, Yum...looks good. There's no baking at our house - not even store bought.

Oh well, we don't really need it, anyway!

Enjoy your mom's homemade goodies - but not until Christmas!!!

 
At December 17, 2006 9:11 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess I will have to find another "safe" hiding place!!!!

 
At December 17, 2006 4:37 p.m. , Blogger Edge Dude said...

SSSSSWWWEEEETT ACTION. HOT CITY.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home