Still rambling

Sunday, December 24, 2006

My First Christmas in Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below
With tiny lights like Heaven’s stars reflecting on the snow
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year


I hear the many Christmas songs, that people hold so dear
But the sounds of music can’t compare with the Christmas choir up here!
I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring
For it's beyond description, to hear the angels sing!

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart
But I am not so far away, we really aren’t apart
So be happy for me dear ones, you know I hold you dear
And be glad I’m spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year


I send you each a special gift, from my Heavenly home above
I send you each a memory of my undying love
After all, “love” is the gift, more precious than pure gold
It was always most important, in the story Jesus told

Please love and keep each other, as my Father said to you
For I can’t count the blessings for love He has for you
So have a Merry Christmas, and wipe away that tear
Remember I’m spending Christmas, with Jesus Christ this year

6 Comments:

At December 25, 2006 4:44 p.m. , Blogger Terry said...

Dear Paul... I just really stopped by to wish you a very Merry Christmas and after reading this lovely poem, I have tears in my eyes..How beautiful it is and how precious to know that a Chrisian has that blessed hope of "gone from this world and right into the arms of Jesus".
If you don't mind Paul, I would like to copy this poem out for a few of my friends who have been grieving.
I just bet that Warren Parker's wife, Shannon would really take encouragment from this poem since it has only been a year since Warren went into heaven.

Have a very happy Christmas Paul and I hope you get to see your kids a lot!!..from terry

 
At December 25, 2006 7:15 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so many reactions. tears, anger, sorrow, joy, all of it in one response.

G

 
At December 25, 2006 7:32 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

This poem and a lot of prayers from my friends got me through Christmas, this year!!!

Thanks for sharing, Paul.

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

 
At December 25, 2006 10:38 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

hey Terry... I didn't write the poem, someone emailed it to me this weekend... I shared it because several of my close blogger friends lost a parent this year, and when I read it, it made me think of them....

Merry Christmas:)

 
At December 26, 2006 11:31 a.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Thanks for thinking of us all Paul and for sharing this poem. I would never wish him back...I only wish he hadn't gone so soon.

 
At January 01, 2007 7:53 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I popped over from Terry's wondering if you were the Paul that wrote the poem and now I have my answer. Either way it was a beautiful poem...Happy New Year to you...and God's blessings to your family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home