Still rambling

Thursday, January 04, 2007

January 4th already


well.... the holidays are pretty much over for another year... I always find it sad when the kids go back home, but it is good to get back into a normal routine....

The kids and I have been in Belleville at my folks since Friday night ( December 29th ) along with Carol and David and their kids.... Invasion of the Grandchildren, 2006.... in theatres next spring!

We haven't done much at all..... ate a lot, watched a lot of hockey, some live, some on TSN ...
teased each other a lot, and generally wore my parents right out!!!

Carol and David went home last night... leaving my kids lonesome and sad.... today, we head out after lunch, which, as mom puts it, "....will leave the hallways echoing.......it'll be SO quiet around
here" to which I replied...

"yeah, but that's not all bad is it?"

.... mom just smiled!!

here are some pictures from the last few days at Mom and Dads:



Saturday Morning, we woke up in Belleville to some snow.... it didn't last very long, but it made the Mackay Christmas feel like it was Christmas!!!




















Here's a picture of the 3 oldest girl cousins... they were inseperable for the 5 days they were together....... Happy Memories, that I believe will last a lifetime!














Here's a couple of Eva..... she's grown up sooo much in the last year... she was stealing everybody's heart this year...














Before we ate turkey on Saturday, we all held hands in a big circle around the table and prayed
... it was a tender moment.... until we noticed how much David was enjoying it, and Bruce apparently wasn't!! so much for a tender moment...... I, of course, had my eyes shut.... and was randomly clicking pictures during prayer... I had no idea what I'd find when I opened my eyes!!!!

4 Comments:

At January 04, 2007 4:54 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

From all the photos, it looks like everyone truly enjoyed themselves.

Presents come and presents go, but the time you spend together will be what is remembered!

 
At January 04, 2007 10:07 p.m. , Blogger Catherine said...

Ya gotta watch that David! According to my blog you said he was yours last year and now he's up and moved in on the younger crowd. Brothers-in-law...they're so fickle! :o)

It was great fun spending another New Year's Day with your family! A great time was had by all.

 
At January 06, 2007 2:04 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you take lots of pictures. it's the ONLY way I can keep a watch on your sister. SHE certainly doesn't do much sending of pictures! (You ARE seeing this, rigth Carol? LOL)

Glad you all had a great christmas. It looks like a good time was had by all!

 
At January 08, 2007 8:29 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Your little neice is ADORABLE! I'll just bet that she stole a lot of hearts!

A definite "keeper"!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home