Still rambling

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas 2006

well..... it's hard to believe it is Boxing day already..... we had a really nice day yesterday.

I picked my kids up at their mom's house on Christmas eve just before 9 , and we came home.... we had some snacks, and watched a movie.... and went to bed.... I fell asleep on the couch, really wishing I'd gone to bed, but the kids insisted that I stay up until midnight so they could wish me Merry Christmas... I'm such an old fart!

Christmas morning, the girls were up at 6:30 ... jeeeeeeeepers! I woke up at 6:15 and got up and did the stockings...... and then I went back to bed for an hour..... got up and made coffee cake, and then we opened presents.... Kids got me a really nice electric grill, which I've wanted for a long time.... so I used it to make breakfast around 10 .... man does that thing work nice!

The kids had planned to go home around noon, and I had planned to come to Belleville to have lunch mid afternoon with my folks... but their mom called to tell us to not hurry as she wasn't going to be ready anyway! So they stayed until 3.... I took them home at 3, came back to my townhouse, and then went back to their house and had turkey with them. It was the first time we've had a Christmas meal together like that in 6 years.
After supper, I drove to Belleville to see my folks. Am spending one day here, and then back to work tomorrow...... Christmas sure is over quick!!

We woke up to snow this morning in Belleville.... 2 or 3 inches of heavy wet snow fell in just over 2 hours... wicked... too bad it hadn't come yesterday!

Dad is outside running the snow blower, and then he and I are going up to the Future Shop...... we should be in and out quick and will be back to the house by Wednesday afternoon!!!!



here are some pictures from yesterday.

7 Comments:

At December 26, 2006 12:33 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

How nice that everyone could sit down together for Christmas dinner! I'm glad that you had a good Christmas, this year!

As for the snow, I TOLD you why there wasn't any...I prayed that it would stay away, until after all our travelling was done.

Are you really back to work, tomorrow? Me too...I'm not complaining though, seeing as I've been off for most of the MONTH!!!

 
At December 26, 2006 2:37 p.m. , Blogger Joyce Marks said...

Happy Boxing Day to you! I hope you had a wonderful holiday! Muahh!!!

 
At December 26, 2006 2:37 p.m. , Blogger Joyce Marks said...

HAPPY HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY PAUL! (K)

 
At December 26, 2006 7:07 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Wow, what a great Dad you are...freshly baked coffee cake on christmas morning! I'm not telling my family about this! Glad you got to have christmas dinner together...that must have been really nice.

You can keep your snow tho I'm sure it looks nice!

 
At December 26, 2006 8:49 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great Christmas! I emailed you & wished you & yours a few days ago...guess you didn't get it! :(.
Hope you have a great few days & enjoy the New Year as well!
Take care

 
At December 27, 2006 10:09 a.m. , Blogger jel said...

looks let you had a good time with your family :)


hopw you have a great New Year!

 
At December 27, 2006 8:28 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Hey, are you still in line at the Future Shop???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home