Still rambling

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Midnight Phone Call

I've heard it said ( and please please don't take this as me being bitter )....

that marriage is a lot like a midnight phone call.... first you get a ring, then you wake up
( ok, i do sound bitter, but really I'm NOT!! ) ... anyway, 11:47 last night, my land line in Peterborough rings...
that is unheard of...... very few people even HAVE that number, for starters...

second.... i almost never get calls that late at night... my friends tend to think it's funny to call me when they wake UP to do chores at 5:30 ( I won't tell you his name, but it rhymes with Steve Storey ) ....

ANYWAY..... some guy is on the line, last night... and after I said hello,
he, in a squeaky voice, goes... " Uh... DANA????? "

DO I SOUND LIKE A DANA TO YOU BUDDY???

lol made me laugh!

so tonight, if he calls again, i'm gonna put on my most sexy female impersonation, and be DANA .....

Yup, I really do need a hobby!!

3 Comments:

At January 17, 2007 5:07 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

What a great post.

We have two phone lines into the house. One night in the wee hours of the a.m., my phone rang. It turned out to be some drunk looking for a cab to take him home. I hope he had another quarter to call someone else, because all he got from me was an earache - from me slamming the phone down in his ear!!!

After that incident, I started making use of the DND button on the phone...works great. It also blocks out any early MORNING calls, too!

 
At January 18, 2007 7:33 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We once had a call in the middle of the night from a young woman insisting that she was Hub's long lost daughter!! He wasn't buying it and she was quite distressed.

First you get a ring and then you wake up....that is so funny!
~g~

 
At January 18, 2007 8:31 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't figure out the rhyme, but I wouldn't be that guys friend anymore...

You should always look on the bright side, at least he doesn't do chores at 4:00am!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home