Still rambling

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Going back in time......

Newtonville .... is a tiny little three street town, east of Newcastle.... I've been there a few times lately inspecting......

there are some neat old buildings.... seeing them is like going back in time....

I'm not sure if this was a school house or a fire station... I'm thinking fire station......

The Bell



The Feed Station across from the fire station...

I love this... the scales are still sitting on the front step!
The Sign
Next Door and around the corner from the feed mill is this old service station.... I LOVE IT...
Reminds me of Sawyerville This is blurry... but you can see the diner inside if you look closely....
air... back when it used to be free!!

The Coke Machine... built right into the wall of the Service Station
I love the corner wall....





The Gas Pump.... back when there was no such thing as unleaded fuel!






















3 Comments:

At May 09, 2008 6:38 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

There was no mention of the price of gas, so I have to assume it was not posted...just as well, no sense in depressing yourself (and us)!!!!

Have a great weekend. :)

 
At May 09, 2008 2:17 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Wind at my Back was filmed in a little town up that way.

 
At May 10, 2008 8:50 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous...I just tried to comment on your comment and my computer disconnected, so I don't know if it left one...your comment on Wind at my back brought back memories for me. I knew Hub --he was my best friend's brother best friend, originally from Montreal. I couldn't recall his last name, so I just now googled him :) He was a great guy, and the best skateboarder I ever knew. Wasn't that a great series?

LPP

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home