Still rambling

Friday, May 02, 2008

Brutus...

I made a new friend yesterday.... You'd like him!

I was inspecting just north of Port Hope when I met him.... He seemed lonely when I stopped to inspect their house.... so I took a couple of minutes to visit.... in that visit and in the hours afterwards, I learned a lot about Brutus and his family....


Originally from Swiss Descent, Brutus was born here..... his ancestors originally served in the Roman Catholic Church, ministering to travellers between Italy and Switzerland....


in Fact, his great great great great great Uncle Bernard worked there, for an Italian monk ..... and Brutus, indirectly was named after him...


it was one of those unique visits, albeit short......... where you come as a stranger... and leave as friends...

in fact, sometimes, it's not just your life that they touch... I've been offered preserves, have had coffee with some..... sometimes I come home with a cookie in hand... or a funny story...

and visiting with Brutus was one such visit... I came away with something ... the aroma of his presence lingered long after the visit.....





I felt bad for Brutus....... to have to be chained to the oil tank like he was........


















yup.... Thanks for the take home gift Brutus...

The Gift that keeps on giving!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At May 03, 2008 7:21 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Funny post...I actually guessed that Brutus' Uncle Bernard was also a Saint, before reading that Brutus was chained to the oil tank...incidentally, isn't that a no-no????

Glad you made a new friend. :)

 
At May 04, 2008 8:49 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice friend...

At first as I read I thought it was going to be that cute little dog in the doghouse. Wasn't he a sorry sight?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home