Still rambling

Monday, April 28, 2008

Taylor

my son is 18 today... it is hard for me to imagine that 18 years have passed so fast.....

I printed several of these photos today and gave him a birthday collage of some of the memorable photos over the 18 years..

This is Taylor sitting in his gramma's favourite chair in Belleville This is Taylor, holding Isaac... in 2003.....

This is Taylor with his cousin Isaac... at the Mink's Corn Maze in October of 2006


Taylor with his cousin Jacob at the Jays game last summer

Taylor at another Jays game
Taylor and the 3 amigos at Bass Pro




Taylor impressing Isaac with some magic tricks!! Isaac loved the tricks!
The 3 amigos at the Jays Game


Taylor at 2 months old.... I love this photo....
Taylor in the receiving line at his Grade 8 grad.... The tie wasn't long in being undone after the ceremony was over!!
Taylor and some of his buddies at Grade 8 grad....


Taylor and Jakey shooting toy guns from the loft of the condo in Lindsay, 2003

Taylor's new pellet gun for his 17th birthday!
A Christmas pose in the condo in 2003 ....





Taylor and his new bass.... this is at my folks house in Belleville...
Taylor and his new pellet gun....



Here's Gramma trying it out !!! She nailed the pop can on the fence post, in case you wondered!!!
Taylor and Jakey at the cottage..... either 2001 or 2002 I think....





Taylor as flagman on the line at a CBA soccer tournament.....

Taylor and Jakey again... at the cottage....

Taylor airborne on the tube at the cottage in 2006




the 3 amigos at the Jays game with their "Big Hurt" figurine..... proof positive you have to get to the park EARLY on bobble head day!!!



Taylor taking Gramma for a ride after he got his G1 ....




Taylor in my car... we can't remember where we were going when this was taken.....



Talking to Gramma and Grampa after grade 8 grad.....
Taylor performing in the One Act Play in 2007 at BCI .....






Taylor at age 4, helping out around the farm in Belleville..... with my dad, ALden Learned and Bob Finlayson....


The 3 amigos playing war......
Taylor holding on to Youppi ...... this is my very favourite photo of him as a baby.. Youppi is the mascot in Montreal, was the baseball mascot when there was a team there..... sigh..



Hope you had a GREAT day Bud... I'm very proud of you and love you tons!!!





14 Comments:

At April 28, 2008 8:59 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 18th Birthday, Taylor!

I love that photo with Youppi, and also the photo of the grandma with the gun! Youppi is now with the Habs, btw.

Mr. Mackay, isn't it amazing how time flies? My sister just turned 18 last month, and I can't believe she's THAT old. I remember when she was a baby...she was born right before my 4th birthday.

God bless you,
LPP

 
At April 28, 2008 9:42 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that loft was always a great place to snipe from, or shine a certain lazer range finder off a certain persons head while he tried to do paperwork :)

 
At April 28, 2008 10:35 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome collection of memories...
I can only add that it is amazing how quickly the years fly by...

Happy 18th Taylor...

 
At April 29, 2008 6:54 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Happy 18th, Taylor!

The pictures are great, Paul. Wonderful memories.

 
At April 29, 2008 11:33 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh there used to be a ballpark right here...(Frank Sinatra)I miss the Expos!!!!
Why did you have to post thet picture of Youppi?!?!?!?! It is a cute shot though....and Gramma with the gun...HILARIOUS!!!

One more thing...Happy Birthday Taylor!

One more: GO HABS GO!!!!
Yes I STILL believe!!!
5 of 16 for 25 and all for one!

Little Montreal Girl

 
At April 29, 2008 11:40 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more thing, you promised a story about a septic system.

Just a reminder!!!

Little Montreal Girl

 
At April 29, 2008 7:01 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

I actually met Youppi on my one and only trip to Quebec. I went on a school trip and we went to see an Expo game...Mtl won, if I recall.

Very cute photo!!!

 
At April 29, 2008 9:16 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goldwings,

Interesting...actually, NO FAIR...I never got to see an Expos game and I've lived here since I moved here in 1988...ooohhh, Friday it will be 20 years...and still not a citizen, thanks to bureacracy, but that's another story! That's my sister who commented, by the way, in case anyone around here doesn't know her.

God bless you,
LPP

 
At April 29, 2008 9:19 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, if anyone sees Gayle around, please let her know that I just tried to access her blog and now I'm locked out of her cyberspace...I guess I wasn't one of the chosen ;) Is there a way to enter?!

LPP

 
At April 30, 2008 5:55 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Hebrews 11:1,

I had a really good time at the ball game...sad to say,but if you are only 20 years old, then I went BEFORE you were even born! LOL! Somewhere (???), I believe I even have a photo...

We'll let Gayle know that you would like to join her blog.

Blessings to you,

 
At April 30, 2008 7:59 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

LPP, you are definately one of the chosen...any friends of Paul's are friends of mine...tho it's very scarey to say so!!! I need an email address tho to be able to add you....can you send me one?? I really don't want you blocked out and would love to have you on my very short list of readers...hope you get this message :)

 
At April 30, 2008 8:01 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Thanks Little Montreal Girl for reminding Paul about the septic system story....he's eventually going to have to cave and TELL US, right?!

 
At April 30, 2008 9:15 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goldwings,

I'm 22...2 years makes all the difference, right ;) Just joking! I moved here 20 years ago.

Gayle,

I'll have to think about the e-mail....I have sooo many gmail accounts, it is CRAZY! but I will get back with you. Thank you for inviting me in.

Love and Prayers,
LPP

 
At May 01, 2008 6:41 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Hi LPP,

Even with the added two years, I still went to the Expo game before you were born!!! :)

I'm not as old as the owner of this blog, though!!! LOLOLOLOL!

I will also be praying for your dad.

God Bless!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home