Still rambling

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Jay's Game with Taylor

Thanks to my brother and York Fire and Casualty, Taylor and I got to go to the Jays game today.... It was the first time ( or one of the only times ) that I've been to a game with the Dome closed.... it reminded me of the atmosphere in the Olympic Stadium back when we went to Expos' games .....



The tickets were in the HSBC Club VIP section.... great seats.... and they even have Waitresses there..... with portable billing machines.... and wireless printers on their belts.... talk about Hi Tech..... but, to quote my son, "when you charge $7.50 for a hot dog, you can afford gadgets!"


This is one of my favourite players.... Greg Zaun.... I'm not just sure why I like him ..... I quite liked his demeanor when he started commentating during the 2006 post season...maybe that's why.... or maybe it's because I think he looks like BJ Birdie kinda... and that cracks me right up!




This is of a couple of the Mariners..... dejected a little bit.... today's loss was their 7th in a row..... they are a dismal .369 .... last in the league and tied for last in the majors with Washington.... ( who should have stayed in MONTREAL ... I'm just sayin ! )



Look who was at the game today!! Toronto's new old goalie!Speaking of hockey... we saw the CBC building on our way back to the car.....





2 Comments:

At July 27, 2008 4:50 p.m. , Blogger Little Montreal Girl said...

Now Mr. Mackey...You ruined my day. :( The Jays won, CUJO is now a what? Leaf? AAAAAANNNNNDDDDD...You had to bring up "MY" Expos. Sigh.

Did you feel that?


You leg is moving...I'M PULLING ON IT!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you and Taylor enjoyed the game...and the $7.50 hot dogs!I hope they didn't have all the gross parts of the animals in them. For $7.50 they better have been good!

Little Montreal Girl

 
At July 27, 2008 4:52 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

I knowwwwwwww.... it was sad kinda, with all the memories of the Stade Olympique....

sigh...

and to be honest.... we didn't buy a hot dog...... though I did think it'd be cool to try one of those 'hip wader' receipt printers!!

so do you LIKE Cujo????

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home