Still rambling

Friday, July 25, 2008

Stupid Olympic Commentator Quotes

I found this post..... in DRAFT form.... from February 2006 .... during the winter olympics... and forgot to post it....

doh...


Here is what I wrote back then:

[1] Women's Hockey - Canada Vs Sweden - Tuesday Morning....
With Canada leading Sweden 2-0, late in the first period, Sweden hit the goal post TWICE in the last 3 minutes of the period.
The female commentator said this :
" Wow... if those two goal post shots had gone in, this could VERY WELL be a tie game. "

Lady... if those two shots has gone in, IT WOULD HAVE BEEEEEEN a tie game. duh.

[2] Men's Relay Speed Skating - Wednesday evening - Canada is heavily favoured to win Gold .... relay team consists of 4 countries, with 3 or 4 members per team.... circling at centre ice ....

the male commentator said, and I quote : "There are a lot of men out there who really know how to skate."

JEEEEEEEEEEEEPERS man....

2 Comments:

At July 25, 2008 7:53 p.m. , Blogger Little Montreal Girl said...

Women commentators!!!! Well some men say stupid things... but the women are the worst!! I've listened to enough hockey, football,soccer, and baseballs games, I think I could be a commentator. But them again, I'd NEVER call a game with Bob Cole or Cris Cuthbert.

Something that Cuthbert said once really cracked me up. He said that a fumble occered on the field of play. Hmmm... don't most fumbles happen on the field of play? Or do they happen on the sidelines? That made me laugh!

 
At July 26, 2008 8:52 a.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

I"ve always been very glad that no one I know was a commentator or radio announcer or whatever...but then Hub is a pastor...it has had it's moments....!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home