Still rambling

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hockey Hall of Fame

Well I did something today that I've been wanting to do for a long long time....

I went to the Hockey Hall of Fame...... I went once a LONG time ago... I think it was in 1975
...... I was 12

Taylor was working... and while Anna and her friend Lauren went shopping, I took Abby to the HHOF .... we had a blast......

Among some of the other interactive things that you can do there, one was a broadcast booth....I did a 20 second audio clip from the broadcast booth.... it was a goal scored by Sydney Crosby.....

and just so you know? as a TV play by play anouncer? I SUCK!!!


My favourite part was the Montreal Canadiens dressing room.... an exact replica of the Montreal Forum, as it was in 1993 ..... I had a moment of silence for the good old days while I was taking the pictures in there!

Abby and I got to touch the cup ( or a reasonable facsimile thereof ) ... there was an aura when you walk into the room ... almost a hush around the holy grail....

oh... and we got to keep the white gloves!!!

Another favourite part was the 2002 Olympic Loonie story..... a Canadian company was hired to make the ice for the 2002 winter olympics in Salt Lake City..... as a good luck charm, they buried a Loonie at Centre Ice......
as you may or may not recall, it appeared to work... cause both the Women and the Men won gold that year.... the Loonie was donated to the HHOF by Wayne Gretzky


Anyway.. here are some pictures from the day...... click the link at the end to see the full facebook album. And check out Abby's photos... she got some wonderful pictures of things I didn't notice!!!




This is the 2008 Redwings... after winning the cup in June

Ken Dryden's gloves from the 78-79 season.....
The Loonie from center ice in Salt Lake City
The Salt Lake City "LOONIE" story
The Habs' dressing room
Abby... my future goalie
Abby and me... touching the cup... notice the white gloves... a lovely parting gift!
This was on Saturday.... my attempt at looking cool.... swing and a miss!!

Ken Dryden's mask
Abby giving me a HINT at what she'd like for her birthday!


Here's the link for the facebook album with all of the photos from today....


Click HERE for the photos...

Click HERE for Album 1 of Abby's Photos

Click HERE for Album 2 of Abby's Photos

Click HERE ( for 5 days at least ) to hear my pathetic attempt at being a broadcaster!!

6 Comments:

At July 23, 2008 8:04 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Aw c'mon...I think you look very cool!

 
At July 23, 2008 8:29 p.m. , Blogger hebrews 11:1 said...

Hey, you went there and you didn't offer my brothers a ride??! ;) I think we all felt like we went there, too, just by looking at all those pictures.

Today we went to the bank, and I met my mom's financial planner there...which is usually no big deal, but her last name, as I noticed when I walked into the office, is Geoffrion, and she pics of Boom-boom Geoffrion in there and a miniature jersey replica hanging on the wall....it was so cool...so much so, that I talked to her about investing in stocks and day-trading and didn't ask how she was related to the hockey- great! and ever since I got home, my brother has been googling to try to figure out the answer!

LPP

 
At July 24, 2008 6:50 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing, what appears to have been a GREAT day for both father & daughter!

 
At July 24, 2008 6:51 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

btw...I don't know if anyone else could get the link to work, but I couldn't...is there a trick????

 
At July 24, 2008 12:35 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The links worked for me.

 
At July 25, 2008 8:19 p.m. , Blogger Little Montreal Girl said...

Hey you know I have a stick like Kenny Dryden's. And I found it in the GARBAGE! It's the exact same thing! I love it! But it is a bit heavy.

I'd like to talk to Abby. We seem to have alot in common! Does she have email?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home