Still rambling

Friday, July 25, 2008

My new old hobby....

one of my very favourite things to do.... is hunt for golf balls....

I mean...it is juvenile... it's like a treasure hunt.... with real prizes!!

When I need to do something purely for therapeutic fun.... I go golf ball hunting...

I have a few spots that I frequent every now and then..... ditches along the road next door to golf clubs provide not only exceptionally annoying mosquitoes but a plethera of little white treasures.....

I went tonight.... found a bunch ... 36 in fact..... I have 3 groups in this bunch 104 balls in 3 visits to the ditch out along Highway 403....

Here are some pictures of some of the balls.... i'm particularly fond of XL2000 balls and Nike balls..... but my favourite treasures are the company logo balls.....

..... I know..... my dad put it best... " small things amuse small minds!!"















2 Comments:

At July 25, 2008 1:56 p.m. , Blogger hebrews 11:1 said...

Hey,

I have always loved picking up golf balls, too and when my brother told me you live across the street from a golf course (that was the helicopter hovering over your house the other day) my first thought was how much fun that must be to walk it and pick up balls. My siblings are very resourceful...when we stayed at my grandparents' home on vacation once, they went out to the edge of the golf course in my grandparents' backyard and SOLD the balls they'd picked up...quite a few golfers bought from them, too! My grandfather, on the other hand, left my grandmother with buckets and buckets of golf balls in the garage when he passed away!

LPP

 
At July 26, 2008 8:42 a.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Soooo, how many of these balls do you now own?? Do you pick up every one that you see and keep them ALL??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home