Still rambling

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tuesday

I am at my folks again.... the food is good!!
( well it's BETTER.... mom's back in the kitchen.. no offence dad.. but we missed you mom!!! )

anyway, I'm here to sing at a funeral today for Ernie Belch ... Ernie was the pastor at mom and dad's church for several years.... he and his wife Evelyn became very dear to me.....

I came down last night, for the visitation, and am heading out shortly to meet with a pianist to practice ..... nothing like last minute eh? you'd think I'd learn!

So this morning, while having coffee with my mom ( I was chugging black coffee, hoping it would soften my vocal chords.... ) ... mom was walking down the hall ( which she does at break neck speed with her new wheels : click HERE to see ) ....

anyway.. I wanted to make sure I looked ok for the funeral..... so as Mom headed down the hall, I said do her.... " Does my hair look like it needs to be cut?"

and without batting an eye lash, mom looked at me and said : WHICH ONE???

she's BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

3 Comments:

At May 01, 2007 5:18 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Glad to hear that your mom is doing better. It sure sounds like she has kept her sense of humour!

Too bad about your parents loosing their pastor, but it is better for him, if he's with Jesus!

 
At May 01, 2007 6:37 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Not hard to tell where you got your sense of humor from!!

Hope your singing went well. It's always an honor to do that for someone you loved but difficult too.

 
At May 03, 2007 8:32 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, I LOVE your moms sense of humour. You got the humour but without the sense? buwahaha

Hope the singing went well. Hard circumstances to sing under..

and..

It's

MAY!! April is GONE!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home