Still rambling

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

April.....

I'm not sure why, but I find April a really depressing month...... weird eh? in April of 2000, I crashed ... emotionally... deepest darkest hole I have ever been in....... and hope I'm never in one like that again in my LIFE .........

Strangely, every April it's like I go through some sort of deja vue flashbacks...... the smells of spring, the sounds of birds chirping... it all brings back flashes of terror in my heart.....

it's weird...... when everybody else is dreading the last day of April cause of the tax deadline, I'm longing for May 1st .....

I thought I was the only one who had a bad April...... til I heard this eery statistic last week:


Branch Davidian ( Waco Texas ) Siege - 71 Davidians died, including 21
children... the final siege ended on - April 19, 1993

Oklahoma City Bombing - 168 Killed, 800 injured - April 19, 1995


Columbine High School Killings - 15 dead, 24 injured - April 20, 1999

Virginia Tech Shooting - 32 dead, 29 injured - April 16, 2007


sigh................. I'll be glad when April is over!

11 Comments:

At April 24, 2007 12:57 p.m. , Blogger Dr. Rus Jeffrey said...

But wait! Something good happened in April too Paul! I was born on April 24, 1962! So, I hope this little note cheers your month of April up some. :-)

Keep encouraged!
Dr. Rus

 
At April 24, 2007 2:14 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Hang in there....it's almost over.Happier memories are ahead.

 
At April 24, 2007 6:58 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

I can relate to that, Paul...that's how I feel about January, now! Rather than a beginning, I remember it as an ending (for now).

Sorry to hear that you've been reliving bad memories...life can be nasty sometimes, but there's Hope!!! Keep your chin up!

 
At April 24, 2007 10:11 p.m. , Blogger donna said...

April's not a fun month across the border either.....Praise God there are only thirty days !!! Saying a prayer for ya!

donna

 
At April 25, 2007 8:26 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's almost over !! I had good things happen in April, son #1 was born, and dh was born that month too. This year however... it's a stressful month!! My chives are making me smile. pathetic no?

Glenda

 
At April 25, 2007 11:04 a.m. , Blogger Angela said...

Very raw and honest post by you dear Paul. Hugs are sent your way.

 
At April 27, 2007 12:22 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's totally the enemy's way of thwarting the beautiful "newness" that we can have in Jesus everyday. Don't despair my friend, this newness is a gift to you to! Ask God to smash those evil memory images and replace them with the freshness of His love. Your worth it!!!!! :)

 
At April 28, 2007 1:59 a.m. , Blogger Dorothy said...

In April we also celebrated Easter - it is one of the most important Christians holidays as we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is what our whole faith is built on. "For He delivered us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the Kingdom of His beloved Son." Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus my friend!

 
At April 28, 2007 10:30 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

No new posts till May?? I haven't had a good laugh in a few days...countin' on you,Paul!

 
At April 30, 2007 12:20 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomorrow is May Paul, we're waiting for ya! We need some cloud pictures!! REally!! It's what keeps us going, right folks???

 
At May 06, 2007 12:57 p.m. , Blogger Pebble Princess said...

I used to feel the same about February. But after the Virginia Tech shooting, I reflected that Columbine happened in the same month. So I guess April has its own problems. My bad February was in 1982. I've not had another one so dark and it has been 25 years! So I think it will be at least 2025 before you should even worry about having another dark April.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home