Still rambling

Friday, April 20, 2007

Flirt

Well......... yesterday, I got flirted with ( jeez, I sound like a hick!)



anyway... I got flirted with.... don't get me wrong: I'm pretty out going, and I like kibitzing..... I mean ... I DO.... I tease everybody; I joke with the lady at Tim Hortons, I tease the girl at the Esso Station, I joke with everybody.... but for the most part, it's harmless....




But YESTERDAY.... honestly.... it made me quite uncomfortable..... I'd arrived a few minutes late to my first inspection ( I'm blaming it on the line at the bank ! ) but the fact is : I didn't realize it was West of Port Perry that I had to go to..... anyway.... I called on the way, joked and teased and everything was fine.....





I started with the house, and then headed outside to do the outbuildings... normally I go alone.... but not this time....




We'd just gone through the little gate in the back yard when I felt a little nudge from behind..... it caught me off guard ..... I tried to rationalize the fact that maybe it was an accidental bump.... but as I walked towards the shed, i got bumped again... and again.... gently, but noticeably....








then I felt something near my ear.... my spine tingled, it startled me that much.....




then the nudging started again... then the ear thing again.... jeeeepers




and repeatedly... every step I took.... bump, nudge, touch, sniff........ right behind me...sometimes I'd turn.. and try to make eye contact... and they'd pull away..... just out of eye sight... it was really strange....




It's an awkward spot to be in.... wanting to be professional in my demeanor, wanting to be friendly, but feeling the need to be circumspect....




Finally, after repeated attempts for contact, I started feeling warm breath on my ear and on the back of my neck... I finally had to address it :








Lady....




would you PLEASE have your llama leave me alone!

























pretty wild llama.... Carol thinks I should call him the Pauley llama....!!



when we left the corral... the poor llama stared at me longingly with his ears all down..... it was sad!!


sigh.... at least I'm getting some attention eh?!?!?!

8 Comments:

At April 20, 2007 10:38 a.m. , Blogger Carol said...

The Pauly Llama!

 
At April 20, 2007 10:54 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

That's hilarious! Love your sister's comment. It sounds like you share the same sense of humour!

Have a great weekend!

 
At April 20, 2007 1:50 p.m. , Blogger Angela said...

Perhaps that bath you took this week has rendered you more appealing.

BTW, Bah to Carol. Bad bad bad. Wish I'd thought of that one though. :)

 
At April 20, 2007 3:06 p.m. , Blogger Dr. Rus Jeffrey said...

LOL! Now that's funny Pauly! You had me going and Sandra was getting ready to call our lawyer!

Dr. Rus

 
At April 20, 2007 4:41 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new "Lady" in your life!!!! I don't want to say she is ugly...but she is not pretty LOL

 
At April 20, 2007 4:43 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new "Lady" in your life....I don't want to say she is ugly or anything... but the hair!!!LOL

June

 
At April 22, 2007 10:39 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY!!!!!! That cracked me right up!!!!!

 
At April 25, 2007 5:09 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Right Paul, I bet this happens to you all the time...but not with llama's!! Or are all the girls in Ont blind??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home