Still rambling

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Andy Griffith


sigh... I LOVE the Andy Griffith show......

I have several disks of various shows on dvd.... today, while I was doing paperwork all DAY.... I had Andy Griffith on playing in the background.... I hardly saw any of it, but got to listen... it's good therapy!

One of the shows was called : Barney's First Car.... Barney withdrew all of his savings and was going to buy a car : He was waiting with Andy on Andy's front porch, for the owner to bring the car by, so he could test drive it.. he was VERY stressed, waiting, pacing back and forth .....Andy just sat there, peeling and eating an apple ....

here is the dialogue at that point :

Barney: This is just about the biggest thing I ever bought

Andy: It's a major step

Barney: Last big buy I made was my mom's and dad's anniversary present.

Andy: What'd you get em?

Barney: Septic Tank

Andy: ( pause ) For their ANNIVERSARY?

Barney: yeah... oh, they're really hard to buy for-
Besides, it was something they could use!
They were really thrilled
Two tons of concrete, all steel reinforced

Andy: ( long pause ) ... You're a FINE son Barn!!!

4 Comments:

At April 12, 2007 5:16 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Do you have any of Andy Griffith's cds? He's made a number of Christian cds - of which I have one.

 
At April 12, 2007 8:15 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

I love, love, love that show!! I remember that episode too. They are just too too funny. It really cracked me up when we moved here and realized that we have an Otis in our church!! He's not the town drunk tho we have those too! I would love to live in Andy's town, wouldn't you?!

 
At April 13, 2007 1:14 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still watch old re-runs and since we recently got a satellite dish we are able to watch them again! They are timeless classics. The dialogues between Andy and Barney are too funny...kind of reminds me of you - giggle!

 
At April 16, 2007 8:23 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and the final season on DVD and watch them all the time - great show.

I also have the Andy Girffith Trivia Game...

Maybe someday you'll stop by and play a game.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home