Still rambling

Friday, April 06, 2007

Home for the weekend





On my way to the car Thursday morning, I put my garbage in the outside garbage can.... the ground had a skiff of snow.. nothing worth worrying about..... except that on my way back to the car, I hit a patch of ice that nearly killed me.... my feet, at one point, were in front of my eyes, starting back AT me..... I have never danced like that in my LIFE..... but I never FELL!!!!


Danced like no baptist ever has..... and my ONLY concern apart from the immense back pain, was : DID ANYBODY SEE ME DO THAT????? thankfully, nobody did! ( that I could see! )

here are the remnants of my tracks..... ugh















Yesterday ended up being a really rushed day..... I inspected in Port Perry until 2.... then headed to Coboconk for an exterior inspection, and then to Minden for an interior.... left Minden at 5 to 5, and rushed back to Brantford for Abby's Science Fair at the school...... I could never stand science when I was a kid... but I LOVE Abby, so I rushed!!!

On my way to my first inspection, I was looking at my inspection sheet..... glanced up at one point, and looked the GPS..... it is colour coded... Brown is land, green is parks/golf courses, and blue is water....

according to the GPS, I was in the middle of Scugog Lake... cracked me RIGHT up!!








One of the neat things lately about the inspections, is that the other inspectors are in fairly close proximity..... Two weeks ago, I was talking to Steve on the phone late one afternoon..... we usually get each other's bearings.... to quote my dad : where are you now? I asked steve what part of the world he was in and he said : Highway 7A ... I can see the blue sign for Yelverton....

I said oh REALLY..... I'm at the four corners in Yelverton ( I mean... really... there's only ONE corner there.... and there I were!! ) ..... he said OH... that'd be you at the stop sign!! I looked to the west, and spotted a Red Equinox with white signs on the door......COOL!

He waved on his way past, and we kept talking on the phone!!

As silly and juvenile as it sounds, when you spend the whole work day in and out of your car, and for the most part, "out there" by yourself, it's actually pretty sweet when you bump into one of the other guys....

Yesterday, I was finishing up in Port Perry around 1:30 and was pulling out from Earl S. Cuddy Blvd in Port Perry... and what should I see but that same Red Equinox with the Farmers Signs...

HONESTLY.... I swear that man is stalking me!!!

We had the greatest visit on the side of the road..... it was a bright spot in the middle of a cold windy lonely day!! During the discussion, we were talking about mirrors .... not that we're VAIN ( I'll get to that in a minute ) .... but we have to use mirrors sometimes to be able to see the info on the label on oil tanks, and wood stoves.... I have a little telescopic mirror ( a lot like the ones the dentists use ) that I bought at Cracker Barrel a couple of years ago... it's REALLY handy to get info off a csa label that you can't quite see..... but it's backwards..... So we were discussing the possibility of developing one... with two mirrors, so that the image wouldn't be backwards... ( I think we should design it with a light, a built in MP3 player and maybe make it Blue Tooth Compatible!!!! ) ....





anyway, as Steve was handing the mirror back to me, he caught his reflection in the little mirror...

stopped for second, took another look and said : JEEEEEZ I'm good looking!

Cracked me right up... I laughed all the way to Minden.....

In truth, I had looked in the same mirror earlier and said the SAME THING.. so quite obviously, the mirror is defective!!!

Heading north on Simcoe Street towards Glen Arm, it started to snow.... it was freaky how fast it came up.... to the West, you could see a storm brewing.... but straight north, it was completely sunny.... weird!







I left Minden just before 5 .... the GPS told me I'd not be home until almost 9 ... the GPS was WRONG! I hustled my fanny and was at the school before 8 ... whoo ahhhhh!

I followed some pretty frustrating traffic down highway 48 ... I followed this crazy van from Coboconk all the way west on 48 to highway 12 ....tooke forever to get past him.... jeepers....

Traffic wasn't THAT bad, just sluggish in spots....

anyway....you know how you kind of zone out when you're driving? well I did... just following the highway... but frustrated.... at one point, after it seemed like I'd been driving for HOURS.....I looked up and spotted THIS sign.....
















JEEPERS.... I don't even remember going through CUSTOMS!!! anyway... I stopped to take a picture..... and guess who passed me??? JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPERS!!




Well, I have to head off to Church... Happy Easter!!!!!

5 Comments:

At April 06, 2007 10:08 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about taking some time and doing some inspections!!!

You owe me money...you're just lucky my bill collectors all got arrested yesterday in an early morning raid of their clubhouse!

Happy Easter!

Garvey

 
At April 06, 2007 4:00 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

hey Garvey..... do you Insure them??? Will you be selling the harley's as salvage????!!!

 
At April 06, 2007 4:27 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

What a great posting! I enjoyed the laugh!

Have a great Easter, Paul.

 
At April 06, 2007 9:17 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 comments...
Funny thing, Steve mentioned that you were stalking him. You might want to have lunch sometime with him and straighten out your storey (oops story)
I do hope you kept the receipt for that mirror. Defective products are usually only able to be returned with a receipt. Come to think of it, I have a bunch of mirrors in the house that he makes the same comment in...

Hope you have a good Easter!
D.

 
At April 08, 2007 7:48 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

I would never want to walk a mile in your shoes since it appears to be far too dangerous but it sure is fun following you around via blogland!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home