Still rambling

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Abby's Track Meet

Monday Abby participated in a Track Meet at CBA ... It was bittersweet... cause it's the last track meet any of our kids will be in, at Central Baptist Academy....

Kind of hard to imagine that my youngest will be graduating from Public School and be going to high school in the fall....


Anyway, at the track meet, she signed up for 5 events :
Standing Long Jump
Shot Put
Soft Ball Throw
100 Metre
1500 Metre


Keep in mind, the 1500 is MORE than a kilometre... 1.5 kms, to be exact!! Anyway, Abby started out pretty well on the 1500, but by the 2nd half of the 2nd lap, she was having a really hard time breathing..... I walked with her for the last 1 1/2 laps.... cause I was really afraid she'd have some sort of Asthmatic attack... At one point, she was pretty sure she should lie down on the track and rest up!!! I told her she could if she wanted but I would pick her up and carry her the rest of the way if she did!!! Bless her heart... she finished the race!!

I was sooo proud of her!!


Here's a few pictures from the meet....








8 Comments:

At May 03, 2007 7:20 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abby: Grandpa and I are so proud of you. You finished the race, no matter how hard it was for you. It is a good lesson for life. Never give up. Your Dad was there to carry you through to the finish line. Our Heavenly Father is always there to pick us up when our strength is gone. Love you lots. Gram

 
At May 03, 2007 8:27 a.m. , Blogger donna said...

Wow !! This made me smile that you are there for these special times for your children....they grow so fast...and it brought back sweet memories of my oldest...soooo many meets I used to attend for track ....then it was cross country....now it is 5K's....she ran her first last weekend... check out my post (if u haven't already)....

 
At May 03, 2007 11:46 a.m. , Blogger Angela said...

Umm, Paul, who was going to administer your oxygen when you got to the finish line?

Bless you for being such a devoted father that you would even offer so that she wouldn't have to quit. You're a good daddy!

 
At May 03, 2007 1:18 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

shut up........... I had an Oxygen tank in the Car with me while I drove around beside her!!!!!!!!!!

 
At May 03, 2007 1:38 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was long jump not STANDING long jump just LONG JUMP!!!!!!!!

thanks gramma ;)

 
At May 03, 2007 2:11 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

tsk!

 
At May 03, 2007 4:01 p.m. , Blogger donna said...

how funny Abby....I was going to say something but thot maybe they called it differently in Canada....LOL!!...You're a good dad Paul...

Donna

 
At May 03, 2007 5:59 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Abby! Athletics was never my strong suit, so I admire those who give it their all!

What a good dad, Paul!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home