Still rambling

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tuesday Evening.....



Well.... it's hard to imagine that this week is 40% over... jeepers....

Yesterday, I left Brantford just after 10 ... went to Pizza hut in Lindsay for lunch to celebrate my friend Terri's 34th birthday .. jeepers.. I have SOCKS that are older than THAT! ...... Steve and Dawna and Megan were there.... Megan stole the show.. She made short work of Terri's birthday brownie....


I think Terri had every intention of taking it back to the office for an afternoon snack... until Megan sneezed on it...!!!


Then I headed to Port Perry to inspect for the afternoon... Saw this view coming back on 7A - It's the Bethany Hills, from the top of the hill at Yelverton.... kind of overcast, but pretty just the same...


Today I spent the morning working at home, and then headed to East of Lakefield by way of Warsaw ... ( no, not Poland! Warsaw,Ontario, which is about 20 minutes East of Peterborough) ; then back to Bobcaygeon and then Burnt River ... I was all over today, finishing up the last of my last batch ....

On my way I stopped to grab a coffee at a little diner in Warsaw ... The little girl running the counter was uh...
well... TINY for starters... have I told you how much contempt I have for skinny people?


and I'm not saying that she was cute... but , .....

to quote the locals,

"her wuz no wheres near ugly "



anyway.. little-miss-skin-and-bone is getting my coffee ready and she says "Anything Else?"

I'd been eyeing up the butter tarts on the counter.... ok, maybe I'd been more than EYEING them up... I'd picked them up three times, held them in my hand, and then had a moment of silence in honour of the old days when I could EAT those without worrying about going into diabetic shock ( I'm not a diabetic, I'm just getting ready! ) ...

anyway.. I said.. how much are they?

a dollar thirty five...

YIKES....

tiny piddly little tarts ( No, the butter tarts, not the girl!!! ) ..... I'm not paying that much....

No thanks, just the coffee..... how much do I owe you?

$1.35

IS EVERYTHING a dollar thirty five here???? apparently....

so I hand the girl a Ten Dollar bill and she goes....

don't you have thirty five cents?

TSK .......so I dug through my pockets, found a bunch of coins, sorted through them and handed her thirty five cents....



"THERE," she said, "aren't you glad to get rid of all that change?..."



and I said.. YEAH.... now I'll be able to keep my pants up...



she LOOKED at me, smirked ( as only tiny piddly little tarts can ) and said...

oh I'm SURE it's the change in your pockets thats causing your pants to not stay up.....



SHUT UP!



so I'm going to stop there again tomorrrow... on my way to Haliburton..

it's only about 45 minutes out of my way but hey.... the coffee is good!!!

4 Comments:

At March 27, 2007 9:52 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my word....not my good side...I don't have one...YUCK!

 
At March 27, 2007 11:11 p.m. , Blogger donna said...

LOL !!

 
At March 28, 2007 8:52 a.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

The coffee is good....uh huh...and the tiny piddly little tart ( of both varieties)just sweetens the pot, eh??!!

 
At September 12, 2007 8:45 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL....just reading & just I just get called a tart? ha ha ha!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home