Still rambling

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Early Morning Blur....




so have I said before how much I do not enjoy mornings??? I left today before breakfast, for crying out loud.....


I was driving up the Buckhorn Road.... half dazed.. I left too late to have time to grab Tim Hortons.... so I stopped at the little Country Style drive through at Selwyn... and kept driving....


dopey... sleepy... cranky.... ( several of the dwarfs were with me today... no, WERE me today...)


anyway... I went around the corner just below Buckhorn... and started to notice the sky... it was pinkish, but it was crammed full of airplanes... I actually only saw one plane, but saw several streams of jet exhaust...


It made me stop and think....


First thought..

man there are a lot of planes out at 7:15 in the morning..


Second thought....( after a few minutes )


man, i could NOT be a pilot.... if the planes are already up in the air NOW, imagine what on earth time the pilot had to get up! ( i know.. i'm pathetic !)


Third Thought....( after a few more sips of Doesn't-Even-Come-Close-To-Tim-Hortons Country Style coffee )

there's not five planes up there... it's only ONE!!!!... and the pilot is quite OBVIOUSLY not a morning person... zigzagging all over the sky....
Poor guy... lost, tired...cranky and grumpy.... and dazed....
...probably forgot his briefcase, and had to fly back to Halifax to get it.. then headed for Toronto, only to realize it is a Boston flight.... ... poor guy.....
Fourth Thought ( mid afternoon ) .... I COULD be a pilot

3 Comments:

At March 21, 2007 8:37 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

You've come a long way from being barely up at 7:08 to being up and on the road at 7:15 (emphasis on the A.M.).

Of course, that's not saying that you were actually AWAKE...it sounds like you were travelling more by faith than you were by sight!!!!

 
At March 21, 2007 9:15 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note to self...Never fly Paul Mackay Airways!!!

 
At March 22, 2007 9:40 a.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Hmm...you've given me a whole new view of flying..not sure I want to anymore!

And I'm with dawna...no flying PMA...or even driving with before breakfast!

I'm dopey and sleepy at the hour too...not cranky tho...at least not if you leave me alone!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home