Still rambling

Monday, March 12, 2007

Fashion Statement

so.......... when you're on a Florida vacation, in London, and when you have to run to the car to grab something....... lets just say there are problems...




.... you have to put a coat on..... and wearing shorts and a t shirt, and Crocs and a JACKET... really isn't all that flashy..... ( keeping in mind, that when people think DAPPER, my name isn't always the first to come to mind!! )




And people stare...... my kids were mortified that I would go outside looking like that.....








The other drawback, apart from the fashion faux pas.... is that when you go outside, the snow is still piled up around the parking lot... and when you run through it in Crocs, your shoes fill up with slushy icy snow......


so when you come back inside, not only are your leg hairs frozen enough to break off, but your feet are cold and slushy.....oh well.... it serves me right for forgetting my book in the car!!
This afternoon, we did our annual pilgrimage to Forest City Surplus... That store is THE COOLEST store in THE WORLD....... we spent a couple of hours there, and then went to the Masonville mall for 3 hours.... we had a romantic gourmet supper at the food court... and then went to the theatre and watched Wild Hogs.. you HAVE to go see that movie... there were some questionnable parts, but for the most part, it was REALLY funny......
ok, enough ramble... I'm heading to bed!! Vacation tires me right out!!!

5 Comments:

At March 15, 2007 12:57 p.m. , Blogger Dr. Rus Jeffrey said...

Paul..

glad to see you're catching some fun movies like "Wild Hogs"! I think we gave that one a 3.5 Lloyd rating and said it was "cautionary family friendly" because of, as you said, some of the "questionable" things in it. Other than that, it was great!

Rus

 
At March 15, 2007 1:31 p.m. , Blogger Junquecollector said...

It is very annoying to come to this blog and find nothing new .. I have become accustomed to being entertained each day by your beautiful photos and funny writings. Feel bad yet ????

Junquecollector

 
At March 15, 2007 10:03 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Paul, I think you are as dapper as they come!No need for your kids to be embarrassed at all!
I cannot wait to see that movie tho now that we live in the boondocks I suppose we'll have to wait a year or two before the dvd's are out in our town!

 
At March 18, 2007 12:52 p.m. , Blogger Pebble Princess said...

Bare legs and feet in Crocs walking outside in the slush. Hmmm. Makes one wonder why we've celebrated TWO hospital stays with you for LEG INFECTIONS?!?!?! We gotta find you a woman-- you need lookin' after!

 
At March 19, 2007 5:40 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Don't worry about how you look!

Why, only this morning, I went outside in my pj's & slippers with my winter jacket over top...I must have been a real sight, but I didn't care what the people in the passing cars thought...I was taking some pictures of the sunrise, which I have now posted on my blog.

No pictures available of the photographer in pj's!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home