Still rambling

Friday, March 09, 2007

Happy Birthday Bruce


my little brother turns 36 today.....I can hardly believe he is that old!!
I still remember the day they brought him home from the hospital.... I was 8 years old when he was born, growing up Bruce was always just far enough behind me to have different friends, and to be in different schools.... we have always been close, but we have become better friends as adults than we did when we were kids

I remember playing road hockey together when we were kids.... he always loved being the goalie, and I loved scoring.... but when you're 17, it's not very fair to try your hardest to score on your 9 year old brother..... sigh....

Bruce grew up with two passions : ( does this sound like a Eulogy to anybody?? jeepers ) .. anyway. he loved Hockey and numbers... we used to call him Alex P Keaton ... he knew where every penny he ever spent was, he was organized ( nauseating eh? ) and disciplined....


He spent countless hours driving with his buddies to Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Buffalo, ... all over, to baseball games and hockey games.... Bruce was the "go to guy" for all of the college and career age guys... they always knew if life was boring, to go hang out with Bruce, and they'd eventually plan and do something....
Bruce now manages my dad's insurance brokerage ( Mackay Insurance Brokers )
Alex P. Keaton done GOOD huh?!
Anyway... Bruce, in honour of your birthday, I have written a poem.... nothing says happy birthday like a good home grown poem....
so here goes...
Roses are Red ( this is going to be good, i can tell already )
Violets are Blue
Sugar is sweet...
Happy Birthday Bruce!!

1 Comments:

At March 09, 2007 11:00 a.m. , Blogger Edge Dude said...

Thanks for the tribute. Brought a tear to my eye. The poem especially. Thanks, love you paul

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home