Still rambling

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Create your own back yard rink contest

CBC.CA is having a contest.... create your own back yard rink...

Once you have your rink done, then you write a 250 word essay ( which sounds a LOT like homework to me ) ABOUT your rink.... and forward pictures of it....

The grand prize winner will get to go to the NHL finals in the spring.....

the 13 runners up will win a prize package from Hockey Night in Canada

This package includes:
A Framed Copy of Your Rink Photo & Story
Set of 4 HNIC Scarves & Toques
1 HNIC Blanket
1 HNIC DVD Trivia Game
1 Autographed HNIC Jersey
1 HNIC Clock
1 $100 Home Depot Gift Card








so..... what I find totally funny about this is :

on the website, they have several Tabs to surf through :

Prizes Entry Form Rules and Regulations How to Build a Rink FAQ

I clicked on How to build a rink.... they had a detailed list of instructions, the most impressive of which was :

the list of supplies to use.....

1 spool of measuring string
1 measuring tape
60 12" spikes
22 2” x 6” pressure treated wood boards
22 2” x 4” pressure treated wood boards
8 sheets of ½” plywood
2 boxes of 2 ½” galvanized deck screws
2 boxes of 1 ¼” galvanized deck screws
1 cordless drill
1 circular saw
1 hammer
1 stapler
1 roll of duct tape
1 Plastic tarp/sheet in white or clear (should be 2’ longer and wider than actual size of rink)
1 lawn hose with fine spray nozzle
1 wide snow pusher
60 of ¾” pipe foam to fit over rink boards




No purchase necessary.



no kidding.. at the very bottom of the page, are the words NO PURCHASE NECESSARY

I'm wondering, where, exactly are people supposed to come up with 22 2x6's, 22 2x4's, 8 sheets of plywood, 4 boxes of galvanized deck screws!

I think I'm gonna go out and shop lift some and if I get caught, I'll just tell them that CBC told me I could... tsk!

2 Comments:

At January 25, 2007 12:23 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We promise we will all get together and post your bail!! ~g~

 
At January 25, 2007 8:52 p.m. , Blogger Misfit said...

Interesting...so when your on Canada's Most Wanted I can call the # & reap the reward! he he...Build my own Ice Rink with the ca$h & win the prize! Sure beats baking buttertarts for a living!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home