Still rambling

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Battling Anorexia......

After the hockey game tonight, Wendy Mesley came on the tv screen, announcing the evening news....

As she read through all of the titles for tonight's news pieces, I only heard her say one thing...

Battling Anorexia.......

I was, at the time, celebrating the Habs win... and had just dipped an arrowroot cookie into some chocolate pudding......

as I heard her say "Battling Anorexia" ..... with my mouth full,

I hollered at the TV..... "I'm DOING MY PART WENDY.... I'm DOING MY PART"


sigh.... I've lived alone too long!!

3 Comments:

At April 16, 2008 6:37 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Very funny!

On a serious note though, I presume the story you heard was about the French gov't banning advertising that exploits excessive thinness, due to the rise of models battling anorexia.

I applaud the decision. Far too long, beauty has been based upon a person's looks and not about their heart. I'm not foolish enough to think that that will change, but at least it's a step in the right direction!

 
At April 17, 2008 6:54 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

I am STILL wondering why you have arrowroot cookies in your house??

 
At April 28, 2008 9:28 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen a t-shirt for sale for above "average" folk, and it says "I BEAT ANOREXIA" makes me laugh every time

this guys got you beat by alot but you get the idea

http://carcino.gen.nz/images/image.phpi/298be91e/ibeatanorexia.jpg?cb=1115204527

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home