Still rambling

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Side Effects of Medication.....

So...... inspite of the soft warnings on the medication bottles, I have found the side effects of my particular meds to be uh... interesting to say the least....

here are a few random effects, in no particular order...


[1] I feel like there is a volcano going off in my upper rib cage... keep in mind, though... I AM cooking for myself.....

[2] I am regretting the fact that there is no bathroom in the basement where I sleep.....

[3] I am regretting the fact that I don't sleep well when in the basement worrying that I may not make it up to the bathroom in time...

[4] I realized that I can no longer take the stairs three at a time....

[5] I find that carpet burn on my chin from trying to go up the stairs too fast.... leaves a funny imprint.....

[6] I am rethinking the whole "Goatee" idea.....

[7] I am ALSO rethinking the whole diaper idea.....

[8] My mattress is too heavy to move upstairs ... by myself....

[9] I am dreaming like CRAZY.... dreamed I was back living in my parents basement again...

oh wait.... that part is true... never mind!

[10] I find myself quite punchy... pity the next telemarketer who calls.... in fact, pity the last THREE that called... ugh!


[11] I have a whole new appreciation for Winnie the Pooh.. who said, and I quote...

"I've got a Rumbly in my Tumbly"

[12] I have not been this dizzy since going on that one ride at the Paris Fair...

[13] I am not GOING to the paris fair this year..... I'm going to take 3 of these pills, go up and sit outside my bathroom and just HANG ON FOR THE RIDE....

[14] I find myself quite LOOPY.... borderline STUPID......

[15] I have realized that when UNDER the influence of strong medication, the kitchen is no place for me.....

[16] the bathroom is.... I'm just saying....

[17] I have realized that when attempting to cook and bake when on medication.... well... I shouldn't....

[18] I have realized that when making pancakes, one should not go to the basement to finish his blog....

[19] I have realized that smoke indeed DOES make the smoke detectors go off....

[20] I have realized that the batteries are good in both my smoke detectors....

[21] I have realized that the electric hand mixer... does not go in the fridge....

[22] I have realized that my memory is not what it was.. 10 minutes ago!

[23] I have realized that my memory is not ... ok, never mind....

I am thankful that in spite of the above.... my leg appears to be back to normal.... the swelling and pain are gone... the "spot" where the clot is, is still there, but not warm or painful..

I have a follow up ultra sound ( NOT FOR THE BABY Kimberlee!! ) on friday afternoon...

so then... on that note.... I'm going to meander upstairs, and wait in the living room for the next onslought of Winnie Pains...

ttfn!

8 Comments:

At April 09, 2008 1:33 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Hilarious post, Paul!

Solutions:

1) Sleep in one of the beds that ARE upstairs and then you won't have such a worry!!!

2) Refrain from using any form of electrical appliance while under the influence

3) Do not drive anyone, anywhere - no matter what the reason!!!!!!!!!

4) TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF - Glad to hear that you're feeling better. The side effects will either wear off gradually, or you'll become used to them!!! In the meantime, ENJOY THE RIDE! :)

 
At April 09, 2008 2:44 p.m. , Blogger Carol said...

A little smidge too much information! But thanks!

DO NOT call your boss while you are on this medication!!!

 
At April 09, 2008 7:19 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhhh myyyyyyyyy gooooooodnesssssss



you have given new meaning to the need for "intercessory prayer"...

please dear God continue to watch over this poor man !!!!!!

are you familiar with depends????:)


donna

 
At April 09, 2008 9:00 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard, Mr. Mackay...too bad I don't have a good enough sense of humor to add a funny comment like the ladies before me did.

I hope you'll be well enough to watch the Habs game on Thursday...turn it up loud so you don't miss any goals if you have to run to the bathroom....actually just save those trips for ad breaks. :)

Praying for you,
LPP in Montreal, where some people really think the habs can beat the bruins in THREE games...somebody tell them it takes 4!

 
At April 09, 2008 9:10 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

LOL GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

I have purchased a 50 CABLE EXTENSION cord..... and have set up a television in my bathroom.......

I should be good to go....

no pun intended!!

 
At April 10, 2008 6:31 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

I only have one more thing to add.

Just remember: "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine..." Proverbs 17:22

 
At April 11, 2008 8:50 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Mackay,

I ams howing my elderly neigbor your blog, and we are both laughing our heads off (it is good for this elderly widow!).

she says it is good that you prepared yourself with that extension cable!!!

Thank you for always putting a smile on my face...it helps a lot during this difficult time. (my father is battling cancer)

God bless you,
LPP

 
At April 21, 2008 11:56 p.m. , Blogger Unknown said...

You said "I have a follow up ultra sound ( NOT FOR THE BABY Kimberlee!! ) on friday afternoon..."

Now. let me point out the word "the" in "NOT FOR THE BABY". It seems you admit there IS a baby?????

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home