Still rambling

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Still punchy......after all these years....

so lately, I've been kinda punchy....

so then, kind sir.... define punchy...

well .....impatient.... a little irritable.... easily annoyed.... intolerant and generally speaking... grumpy..

y'all should come over...... it's worth the trip!!!

I am quite aware that this is likely medicinally induced, and enhanced by sleep deprivation...... but regardless, I'm grumpy just the same....

I've hardly driven lately.... I sent the car home with my kids for almost a week... which was a good thing... cause when you're PUNCHY ..... idiotic drivers on the road ( which annoy me at the BEST of times ) just about push me over the edge....

and telemarketers get an ear full ...... Bell Canada phoned last week..... to thank me for my loyalty..... and tried to sell me some more features...... that's just wonderful... reward my loyalty by hiring some out of the country company, to call me and try to put my bill up higher...

sigh.. take a pill Paul.....

the most annoying contact I've had with humans ( said Grizzly Adams ) ... was when I stopped on my way home from the Dr's last week.... stopped to grab milk at the grocery store in Ancaster..... a fairly wealthy WASP city.. white, Anglo Saxon, protestant.... snotty for the most part.....

but I needed milk!!

On my way to the milk aisle, which as you know is in the VERY BACK CORNER........... I spotted a sale bin...... Redpath Sugar had all of their sugar on sale... 99 cents a bag..
well... you can't, as a person that bakes, walk away from a deal like that..

I loaded up, grabbed milk and lined up in the shortest line.....

and there I stood, in line... with my bag of milk.... and 9 bags of sugar..... 3 icing sugar, 3 white sugar, and 3 brown sugar....

( The kids and I BAKE.... we go THROUGH stuff like that....... shut up! )

anyway.... I'm waiting in line, and very likely not patiently. The kid running the cash... was this 19 or 20 year old guy..... who sounded more like a girl than a guy.... and he's got thissssssss lissssssssp thing going on.....

and he's chattier than ANY cashier should be...

he was involved in an in depth discussion, with the lady in front of me...... about how lovely his house was.. HIS HOUSE... jeepers boy ( and I use the term loosely ) ..... you're not even 25.... and you're in ANCASTER... any house that you can call YOURS belongs to your parents......

and he's going on and on about flooring.... well when we built our last house.......he says, we decided ( WEEEEEEEEEE DECIDED... SHUT UP! ) ... that we would go with hardwood.... better for the kids' allergies.....

good grief I'm grumpy...

and then he went on and on about the cottage they'd just bought.... and that it had been empty for years..... and when they first moved in, he found some old cleaning stuff under the sink that was YEARS old... and then he found some old Deep Woods OFF under the sink.. and how SHOCKED he was at the % of DEET content in this stuff... that was obviously made before the new Government restrictions....

i stood there..... patiently, waiting for my blood to come to a rolling boil .....

finally the girl leaves, and he turns to start scanning my stuff.....

and then he looks at me.... this 140 lb teenager eyes me up and down... looks back at my pile of sugar and says in the sweetest Richard Simmons voice....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... SSSSSSSSOmebody's got a sssssweeeet tooth....

BOOM! .

know what you get when you combine sugar , milk and some un-vented anger????

a very sticky cashier.....

......with a sweet tooth..

OK, with no teeth...



sigh.... I'm going to go take another pill.



3 Comments:

At April 15, 2008 7:03 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Let me guess...you missed taking your happy pill, didn't you???

Go make yourself something sweet, relax and "DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY"!!!

Let a smile be your umbrella, on a rainy, rainy day!!! :):):)

Had enough of the platitudes???

Well, go relax, put your feet up and watch the HABS play...that should make you happy!!!

 
At April 15, 2008 9:15 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goldwings,
That was a favorite song of mine when I was little...though I can only recall that line right now!

Mr. Mackay,
Poooor cashier! But I can relate to one thing for sure....rich kids get on my nerves. I wish they could spend a day in my house! I just made a little extra, and I've got big plans to go spend it tomorrow on some much needed storage/shelving stuff so the 7 of us can fit more comfortably in our little place. My piano teacher was telling me the other day how his to-be-wife and him were looking for a house the right size for them and her 4 children. "Well, it's a 5 bedroom..." he said. I took a deep breath, "Ummm, we are 5 children and our parents in a THREE bedroom." "OH!" he said, and didn't say anymore about needing more space than what they got.


Go, Habs, GO!

LPP

 
At April 28, 2008 9:38 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

someone needs to follow you around with a camera, it'd be a great show, i'd watch it :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home