Still rambling

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bucket List.....

I haven't seen the movie... but I want to..... in short, it's a movie about two old guys ( Played by Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman ) both terminally sick with cancer.....who each have a list... a bucket list.... a list of things they want to do before they kick the bucket..... they escape from the cancer ward and set off to do some of the things on their list.....

thinking about that made me stop and think about what things I'd put on MY bucket list.....

not that I'm old... nor am I close to KICKING the bucket... I hope....

anyway....here are some of the things that I would like to see... or do, before I kick the bucket... and though they are numbered, they are in no particular order....

[1] I want to see Alcatraz....

[2] I would like go to the West Edmonton Mall

[3] I want to see my children settled in life... and happy..... again.

[4] I want to own a house.... again.

[5] I want to go on a cruise.... not desperate to go.. but I think it'd be fun...my luck, and I'll get sea sick and spend the week in my room barfing.... I can stay home, cook for myself and save my self $2000!!!

[7] I would like to see the Holy Land......

[8] I would like to see the Leafs win the cup..... ok, i'm just kidding!!

[9] I would like to write a gospel song and have somebody famous record it.

[10] I would like to sing on the main stage of the National Quartet Convention....

[11] I'd like to have people listening, when I sing on the National Quartet Convention stage!

[12] I would like to own a Dodge Ram Rumble Bee



Sigh..... with the price of gas the way it is..... i think this one may have to be cut from the list !!!

4 Comments:

At April 13, 2008 9:12 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Mackay,

Nice list!

I've got to tell you...every so often my 87 year old neighbor calls me over to help her with her computer she just got last year. She always wanted one, and now she has one...she can visit her favorite website (which we bookmarked) and check e-mail, and watch the photos on her pictures screensaver, but calls us to do everything else for her.

Soooo...every time I am over there and we have a little extra time, I show her your blog. She is very down sometimes...her husband died 2 years ago, and she visits his grave every week. Her son lives in BC, and she is all alone in a nice size bungalow.

Well, last Friday I asked her if she wanted to see some humor. She told me she was exhausted--she had to go to the drs at 8AM for her checkup to say that she can drive for another 2 years. She bribed him with latkes (potato pancakes) and got off with a ridiculously good report that just said she cannot walk fast (which is why she must DRIVE FAST!) and she should not drive at night (which made her very bad). As she is telling me this, I pulled up your blog, and she immediately became intrigued. She cannot understand the word BLOG even if I tried to explain it...;) I began reading her your side effects list from the meds, and there she sat on the edge of her bed behind my shoulder laughing! She shook from side to side, and it was such a sight, I wish you could have seen her! Mind you, every time I show her your blog, she laughs, but she just looked great Friday night. I typep up that comment before she could even see what I was doing (how do I explain a pen name, and what does HEBREWS have to do with me...she's Jewish, I'm not!) and dashed it off before she missed this main blog page.

I just thought I'd let you know what joy you bring to my elderly widow neighbor. I don't know if I'll be able to read her the ultrasound one, because

A)it is very long for her limited attention span

B)in order to shorten it, I would scroll quickly leaving out parts, which drives her nuts, and she yells, "YOU'RE MAKING ME DIZZY! Slow DOWN!"

C) I would be laughing so hard she will not be able to understand me.


May God bless you richly even as you bless so many others!

Love and Prayers,
LPP in Montreal
Go Habs Go!!!

 
At April 13, 2008 9:26 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

LPP.... you are a huge encouragement to me!!!!

go habs go... this is a STRESSFUL game to watch!!!

 
At April 14, 2008 6:37 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

We all have our own "bucket list"...maybe someday I'll post mine. :)

Great comment, Hebrews!

 
At April 14, 2008 9:01 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Mackay,

I wish you knew what an encouragement you are to us!

As for that stressful game, one of my favorite versecards reads, "Relieve stress...Take a prayer break!" ;)
Seriously, you didn't think they'd sweep the Bruins, did you? My sister and I said they'd do it in 5, but with the way Claude Julien is out-coaching Carbo, and his team out-playing a team with previously the #1 powerplay scoring in the league...I don't know...I think we're in for a tough ride.

I wish you could see Montreal...we live one house in from the corner of a busy boulevard, and there are sooo many habs flags passing by every minute, it is CRAZY! We're supposed to be selling some ourselves, but we're waiting for some guy in Ottawa to get them in.



Goldwings,
Thank you for the encouragement, too. I just HAD to tell Mr.Mackay how much he and his blog means to my neighbor.


God bless you,
LPP

Go Habs Go!
and for tonight...Go Sens GO!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home