Still rambling

Friday, September 14, 2007

jeeeeeeepers....

so I stepped outside my townhouse this afternoon..... I hadn't been out since Tuesday.. ( I have been stuck at home, sick, all week.. ugh ) ..My ears are still plugged, I'm kinda dizzy.... I'm not 100% yet....

anyway... I had to go pick my son up at school....

Just as I stepped out the door, the kid next door... ( who somehow heard my name once, and REMEMBERED.....) JUMPED UP and hollered...

HI P A U L !!!!!

gasp

Good G R I E F kid... you scared me!!


I walked to my car.....

HEY PAUL??

yes?

ARE YOU MOVING?

( no, in fact, nothing is moving since you shouted at me... not even my HEART )

No... the "For Sale" sign in the front yard is for the guy NEXT DOOR to me; he and I share the 16 square foot front lawn ( we've already HAD this conversation, kid )

Oh.... cause every week... you pack your car up with stuff.

( so I'm being WATCHED ) ....

yes, i know... I work on the road...

I leave every week, and am gone for 4 or 5 nights... you probably know that, cause my car is never here those nights...

yeah, I know.....

long pause.....

Does that scare you paul?

HUH??? does what scare me?

( I wanted to say... "DOES IT SCARE ME THAT THE TOWNHOUSE NEXT DOOR IS FOR SALE???? yes, I am a REALTAPHOBIC" .....I guess I am a litttttttttttle testy after 3 days home with the flu ...)

so does uh... WHAT scare me???

Working on the street! Does that scare you?

gasp

I don't WORK ON THE STREEEEEEEEEEET~ !!!!

I work on the road.......... that means....

I

W O R K

O U T

O F

T O W N !!!!!



Jeeeez................I guess I'll have to quit wearing my slinky hooker boots!

7 Comments:

At September 16, 2007 9:20 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slinky? Define slinky...lol. And do you happen to wear a size 8? Cause my boots have somehow gone missing from my closet???? Strangely enough I could have sworn I spotted them during a recent review of a some photographs?!?!

 
At September 17, 2007 8:46 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks...that just gave me goose bumps that won't go away for awhile!

 
At September 19, 2007 1:41 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing...this was real funny, Mr. Mackay! I haven't been over here in a while, but I'm glad I had a minute to stop in!

God bless you,
LPP

 
At September 19, 2007 3:56 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFLOL. this really cracked me up.

thanks for the laugh! LOL

G

 
At September 19, 2007 9:51 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

I knew you didn't have a "real" job, Paul....I just knew it. This explains everything...and I do mean....everything....Mr.Mackay!!!

 
At September 19, 2007 9:52 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

shut uppppppppppppppp!!!!!

 
At September 20, 2007 6:47 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

I'm shocked...I had no idea that he "worked the streets"! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home