Still rambling

Monday, August 13, 2007

Long Time No See....

well I find summer time horribly busy.... it's fun, in some senses, but I also find it a little depressing, cause after the busy pace... the melt downs are kind of sad...

Mondays are usually that way after spending the weekend with my kids.. I hate to see them leave!

Thursday night, I came back to Brantford... got home somewhere around 9.... picked the kids up at 10 Friday morning.... spent the morning running errands, getting water, took Taylor to the chiropractor ( fall out from that last ride on the tube with Uncle David at the helm! ) ....

Friday afternoon, I inspected a place in Hamilton, went to the Limeridge mall to get a new belt.. I'd been given a gift card for Christmas a year and a half ago... from the Cadillac Fairview malls.... only problem is, we don't have one here... so the card was left in my wallet unspent...

guess what?? I did not know that on most gift cards, they have a MAINTENANCE fee if you don't use it... after 15 mos ( depending on the card ) they help themselves to $2.50... every month.... my $30 card was down to about 18... stinkers.........

got a belt, and 1/4 of a pair of shoes!!!! ( no, really... got a belt 50% off and a pair of shoes that was 50% off, then an addition 25% off the lowest ticket, and then used the last $5.93 of the gift card..... I paid $10.43 out of my pocket.. who ahhhhh!!
and I wore those shoes Saturday when I sang... and got a whopper blister.. duh duh duh!!!!

Friday night, Taylor worked and the girls spent the evening ( literally ) at the mall with kenzie and danielle ..... 4 divas with cash in their pockets.. jeeeeeepers...

It was neat though... the kids were "around" but busy... made it feel like I had a normal life for an evening.....

Saturday, Anna and I ( and my friend Gord ) drove to Port Franks ( Just south of Grand Bend ) for an all day sing thing..... here's the link to some of the photos that Anna took....

to be honest, I post most of my photos on Facebook now, only cause it is SO much faster to upload them there....

but you don't have to be a member to see these I hope...

Volume I

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=11008&l=4cd16&id=538261469

Volume II

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=11011&l=34bb9&id=538261469

it was a fun day..... tiring, got a whopper sun birn on my forehead.... duh..

Sunday, was pretty relaxing.... Took the kids to Central for 9.... picked them up, at 10, went to Pleasant Valley Community Church at 10:30 ... and then home by 12:30...

drove taylor and jayson and kyle to the movies for 1 ..... Abby and I went to go to see a movie at 4 and I'd messed up on the show times... it was too late to go in at that point.. so we wandered around Zehrs for a while, and then came home....

Today, the girls are at VBS at Central, the boys are still sleeping, and I'm working on paperwork ( save the little hiatus to write this! ) ....

heading back to Peterborough tonight sometime.... have to be back here next weekend to sing at a wedding Saturday.. should PROBABLY learn the words to those songs... hey??!!

Happy Monday!!!

1 Comments:

At August 15, 2007 3:02 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Despite being someone in the Point-of-Sale and Retail software business, I despise Gift Cards. They confer absolutely no benefit to the recipient. They may make the giver feel better than if they gave cash; and there are a tons of benefits to the companies that issue them, but there's nothing for the receiver - you. You can only go to that store (mall), they tend to have more conditions than exist in my mortgage...(ahh...now I've gone on too long! :0-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home