Still rambling

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Quote of the day

taken from Shawshank Redemption..... one of my very favourite movies...

after Andy escaped ( so much for wrecking it, for anyone that hasn't SEEN the movie!! )....from the prison, his friend Red sums it up like this........

" Not long after the warden deprived us of his company, I got a post card in the mail. It was blank;
but the post mark said "Fort Hancock Texas"... Fort Hancock... right on the border, that's where Andy crossed...

When I picture him heading south, in his own car, with the top down, it always makes me laugh!

Andy Dufresne, who crawled through a river of crap and came out clean on the other side; Andy Dufresne.. headed for the pacific!

Those of us who knew him best, talk about him often; I swear the stuff he pulled....

sometimes it makes me sad though... Andy being gone.

I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged.. their feathers are just too bright

And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up, does rejoice... but still, the place you live in, is that much more drab and empty that they are gone...

I guess I just miss my friend......

1 Comments:

At July 22, 2007 3:37 p.m. , Blogger Pebble Princess said...

I'd like to hear what it is about this quote that touches your heart. I do also love that movie.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home