Still rambling

Saturday, July 14, 2007

What a Rip....

So ... Thursday this week, late morning, I was inspecting a farm just West of Cavan ( almost in your back yard David! ) ......

I'd had a pretty rough rew days.... I got 15 hours sleep in four nights this week..... it wasn't a great week for reducing the bags under my eyes...

anyway.... I was measuring the house at this farm, quite a nice place....

...... when I got to the back of the house, in order to get to the far corner to get a measurement, I had to jump off the deck ....

I gracefully jumped down , much like a gazelle, now that I think about it....
......... from this deck.........



















I jumped off, but forward, so I wouldn't land in the flower bed....

what I didn't realize was.... that the ground was sloped...... a lot more than I realized.....














when my feet hit, given the fact that the ground was sloped, and the fact that when my body becomes desperate for sleep, I fumble around like a complete moron... given all of THAT, when my feet LANDED, the REST of me kept going....

....... I stumbled forward like a retard.....frantically trying to steer myself to the right so I didn't end up in the pool....

after I tumbled for several feet, my top heavy body went down on my face, rolled over and over, my clip board and my camera banging all the while...

I lay there in a daze, staring up at the sky......... soothed by the calming sound of the water pump in the pool, and the uncontrollable laughter of the farmer.....

"WHAT A SHOWWWWWWWWWW" he says.........


I grimaced.... "You're WELCOME," I said.... "it's just one more service we provide!!!!!"

Anyway, I staggered to my feet, with n'erry a shred of my pride, OR dignity intact, and continued inspecting as if nothing had happened!!!



When I got back to my car, I realized how soon I'll have a pair of black docker shorts!!!!





sigh....



2 Comments:

At July 15, 2007 6:26 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Glad it was only your pride that got hurt. The farmer wouldn't have been laughing very hard IF you had hurt yourself...hope he carries liability!

 
At July 17, 2007 3:03 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Oh Paul...you never cease to make us laugh!! You could write a book...only this one would be FUNNY!!! You must be like a cat and have nine lives!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home