Still rambling

Monday, September 03, 2007

Quiet weekend

well I have had a very quiet, fun weekend... relaxing.... playing Mah Jong, watching old movies, eating left overs..... and pretty much unwinding....

I was half worried I'd be mortally depressed; my kids spent last week with me, and they went home Friday night... I hate when they go home.. the house is soooooo quiet...

but the old movies and mah jong with my feet up!, have helped...

Today, I have some left over work from week before last, to finish up.... then am gonna load my car, and get ready to head back north.... am not sure yet when I'll go back to Peterborough.... either late late tonight... or early tomorrow... bearing in mind that early ANYTHING is very unlikely!!!

oh.... and the other thing I have to do today... is to drive to Paris and teach Abby how to tie a tie....

she's going to a catholic school this year; and her uniform requires a tie..... I still remember my dad teaching me how to do that in grade 10 .... so I could tie my tie on the band trip! I wrote the instructions on a 3 x 5 card and pulled it out every time I tied a tie...

wish I could find that 3 x 5 card!!! anyway...Happy Labour Day Monday!!

3 Comments:

At September 03, 2007 8:20 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Glad to hear that you had a nice, quiet, relaxing weekend. They're the best kind.

Hope you had lots of fun with the kids, too.

 
At September 04, 2007 7:05 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Glad to hear that old movies and Mah Jong saved you....but what the heck is Mah Jong anyway??

 
At September 05, 2007 6:39 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks for asking that, Gayle. I was going to ask what Mah Jong was, however, I thought I was probably the only person who didn't know!

So Paul, can you help us????

As for the movies...there's nothing like old movies!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home