Still rambling

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Low Fat....

so yesterday, I'm on my way from Port Perry to MINDEN ....

I had one homeowner who finally, on Friday morning, returned my call, and just HAD to have the inspection completed THAT DAY...

His place was an hour and a half out of my way, and instead of finishing my inspections at 1 pm ( where my last stop would have been less than 2 hours from home,)
I finished at 3:30, almost FOUR hours from home.....

I had told the kids I'd be home Friday afternoon between 2 and 4....

Instead, I picked them up just after 7 ...... stinking guy!!!!

anyway.... all that said..... I was on my way from Port Perry around noon hour... stopped at a little general store in Argyle .... cute little spot... antique store on one corner, general store on the other corner, with a tea room etc .... I went into the tea room in desperate need of some caffeine....

I was served by this little pip squeak of a waitress... you know the type..... too cute for their own good????

so she flits over to the counter, and in a high pitched flirty voice... says..

What can I get you??

I asked for a medium coffee with cream...

while she was getting my coffee, I began surveying the muffins on the counter..... I wanted a Morning Glory, knowing full well that it was already NOON and everybody knows you can't eat a Morning Glory muffin if it's not MORNING anymore...

it didn't matter anyway....all they seemed to have were Banana and Banana Nut ......

so little miss cutie comes back with my coffee....

ANYTHING ELSE with that???

I began muttering about the fact that I was thinking about a muffin, and before I could get the words " DO YOU HAVE ANY MORNING GLORY?" out..........
she moves over to the next display cabinet and says...

"By the way, we have Low Fat Apple over here..... "


Suddenly I heard a voice that sounded a LOT like mine say :

"WHAT IS YOUR POINT???"

She stared at me like I was a SASQUATCH ......

and never said a word.... not a sound......

just looked at me.....

then, in almost a whisper... I said.... " I'll take BANANA ............!!!

still without a word, she took my five dollar bill and walked around the corner to the cash register by the door.....

As I followed her, grinning, I said :

"That wasn't very nice of me, was it?????"

she smirked ( FINALLY ) and said... "WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO SAY TO THAT???????????"

in just as soft a whisper, I said ... " absolutely NOTHING" .

Toook my coffee, left her the change and went to my car..... laughing.......

and laughed all the way to Minden!!!

Sigh.....I wonder what she'd have said if I told her IN TRUTH that REALLY I'd been thinking about having a BUTTER TART!!!!!!!!!

6 Comments:

At August 25, 2007 1:55 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have NEVER laughed SO HARD over a blog post....this is hysterical!!!!!!

oh my :)

By the way....I closed one blog and re-opened under a new name....long story...but I think it all started with that bogus comment on facebook...

 
At August 25, 2007 6:37 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Good for you for putting her in her place! I could actually hear you saying it!!!

Thanks for the laugh!

 
At August 26, 2007 10:26 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have went for a butter tart...actually....make it a dozen! By the way...do you still deliver?

 
At August 28, 2007 1:15 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Paul delivers butter tarts?? Put me on your list...and make it a dozen for me too!!

 
At August 28, 2007 4:56 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

I'll take a dozen, myself!

 
At September 12, 2007 8:36 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy away! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home