Still rambling

Saturday, February 10, 2007

CLEAN at last


I found out yesterday afternoon, that indeed, my car is THIS colour....


who knew!!!


I have been reluctant to wash the LAYERS of salt off... but figured that if I didn't do it soon, it' be rusting through to the inside.....
I won't say how bad the salt was.... but the other day while I was driving and eating some celery sticks, I rolled the window down and dipped the celery in the salt on the edge of the driver side mirror....mmmmm.... gave it some wonderful flavour !! I call it
"Canadian Winter a la car" ... I might patent the flavour, and sell it to Orville Redenbacher!!


In other interesting news, my driver side floor mat in the car is a block of solid ice this morning..... resulting from getting in and out of the car a bazillion times in a week, with snow and slush on my feet.... which then melts in the heat of the car, soaks into the mat and carpet..... and then overnight, it freezes.....then melts the next day after the car's been on for a while....my boots and pant legs sit in a pool of mush all day... and then it freezes overnight again...
Until spring, it's an endless loop... at which point my carpets will smell like the inside of a barn........


ewwwwww...


anyway, I'm going shopping for shoes with Anna..... When it comes to shopping, she is not like me ..... I'm not overly picky when it comes to shoes....I find a pair, if they fit, I buy them.... ( other than dress shoes ) ....


and the cheaper, the better...... This is very different from when I was a kid: Back then, all I wanted were Adidas.... then I graduated and only wanted NIKE .... now I want comfortable!!
for the most part, though, I only buy work boots anymore..... I wear work boots 6 days a week ( I don't WORK , per se, but I have the boots just in case I get the URGE!! )

Anna on the other hand shops differently than me....she has distinctive tastes..... Last time we shopped for shoes for her, we spent 2 hours in the same store.....and came home with no shoes....bless her heart....
I spose I sound like I don't like shopping with her.... in truth, I love it...... it's one of the "parenting things" that I've missed by living away from them..... so Anna.... shop as long as you want!! I'm bringing my " sudoko" book that I got for Christmas, and I'll sit on the bench in Al's shoe store, and wait....
"here's my bank card... call me when you need me to enter the PIN!"
Anyway, here I go... cover me, I'm going in!!!

3 Comments:

At February 10, 2007 6:02 p.m. , Blogger donna said...

LOL !! You make me laugh. Have a blessed weekend.

donna

 
At February 10, 2007 8:10 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Shoe shopping is hard work...for a female, that is. One has to get just the right fit, just the right colour and just the right style, not to mention the right price (just to name a few absolute necessities).

Gee, you'd almost think that I've done this a time or two before...hmmm!

Hope you had a good time!

 
At February 14, 2007 6:49 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Hey, it's been four days...your car must need to be cleaned again, by now!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home