Still rambling

Monday, February 05, 2007

Memories from Randboro

When I was a kid, growing up in Randboro, one of my greatest delights in the winter was toboganning...... We lived in a little valley,with hills on all sides of us... So toboggan hills were plentiful, and they were BIG..... Billy Graham's hill at the bottom corner of town was my favourite.....

Today I was in Fenelon Falls, and spotted this hill just on the outskirts of town... Man, if I'd had a magic carpet in the trunk, I'd have gotten it out and whooooooooooooshed down the hill a couple of times!!

4 Comments:

At February 06, 2007 6:45 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

That hill looks like it would be a lot of fun. With your magic carpet, you could probably go a lot further than your could in your car!

My parents used to take us toboganning several times during the winter on Sunday afternoons. After which, we'd all go out to a restaurant for supper. Back then, that was a real treat.

I also had a magic carpet that I used to take to school...boy, could that thing MOVE. I guess that's probably why they wouldn't let us use it on the one hill - too slick; no helmuts in those days.

Lovely memories.

 
At February 06, 2007 3:46 p.m. , Blogger jel said...

I did that ONCE! when I was a kid!

 
At February 06, 2007 6:20 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

It would still be a lot of fun to whooooosh down the hill...I'm thinking that the walk back up tho would be a bit more effort than it used to be!

 
At February 07, 2007 7:44 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Paul!

Now that looks like a cool hill! Can you promise me I won't fall backwards while sledding though? ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home