Still rambling

Monday, January 29, 2007

Ken Dryden







Montreal Canadiens retired Ken Dryden's # tonight.....













I grew up IDOLIZING Ken Dryden..... I was 8 when he started playing for the Montreal Canadiens.... those were the Glory Days for the Habs..... he played with the likes of Guy Lafleur, Yvan Cournoyer, Frank Mahovolich, Henri Richard,Pete Mahovolich, Steve Shutt, Larry Robinson, Bob Gainey, Jacques Lemaire, Serge Savard, Jacques Laperriere, Guy Lapointe, Doug Jarvis, Doug Risebrough, and the list goes on.....



















The ceremony tonight was spine tingling..... Ken Dryden.... a true class act!

4 Comments:

At January 29, 2007 11:12 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kewl blog...regardless if I am a fan of the White & Blue...it's awesome!

 
At January 29, 2007 11:38 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up on ice skates and with three brothers that lived and breathed hockey.....but the only name I can remember is Gordie Howe...is that name allowed here??

 
At January 30, 2007 6:40 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Yep, those are the names that I grew up hearing too, however, like the first commenter, the Leafs were my team! I have very vivid memories of watching hockey with my dad & brother.

It's always "spine tingling" to watch a hero's sweater be retired...all the glory moments (often from one's youth) are relived. I remember that feeling when the Leafs retired #27!!!

 
At February 01, 2007 10:03 a.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

They just don't make 'em like they used to do they?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home