Still rambling

Monday, November 06, 2006

Knowing You'll Be There

I've been learning quite a few new songs the last few weeks.... one song that has become a favourite is this one..... after so many of my close friends have lost parents this year, the lyrics to this have a whole new meaning.....


Knowing You'll Be There

The other day I passed a place you always liked to go,
And I picked up the phone because I thought you'd want to know;
But I forgot you weren't there, I miss you, on these days,
But I'm reminded of your smile and the funny things you'd say.

I'd see you most at Christmas, you were like a little kid,
You've always loved a good surprise and now I must admit;
That I long more for Heaven than I ever did before,
You gave me one more reason and each day I want it more.

Chorus

Knowing we can spend a lifetime reminiscing on the past,
Knowing I will see your face again where tender moments last;
It makes me want to go there knowing I won't be alone,
Knowing you'll be there makes it easy to go home.

You left a group of fishermen and somehow you left me too,
Though I have failed you many times, I know you saw me through;
I've always longed to feel your arms and look into your eyes,
And talk forever me and you, somewhere in Paradise.

Chorus

Knowing we can spend a lifetime reminiscing on the past,
Knowing I will see your face again where tender moments last;
It makes me want to go there knowing I won't be alone,
Knowing you'll be there makes it easy to go home.
Knowing you'll be there makes it easy to go home.

4 Comments:

At November 07, 2006 6:26 a.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

I love this song!

 
At November 07, 2006 6:54 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Now that I've had my morning cry...Paul, that is just beautiful. I can totally relate to the message in the song and I'm glad that I can!

When you miss or long for someone after they've passed on, that means you loved them in the first place and felt loved by them (be it friend or family) and there's nothing better than that!

Have a great day!

 
At November 07, 2006 2:38 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your make-me-cry songs! Awesome song tho. I really need to find both these songs to listen to rather than just read.

"If you get there before I do" is my current cry song.

G

 
At November 07, 2006 11:29 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I would like to hear is you singing this song personally...now that would make me cry (and I don't mean cause it would be bad, silly). I know what you were thinking (giggle)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home