Still rambling

Thursday, November 02, 2006

It's been one of those days.....

Today, i was learning the words to a new song that I'm hoping to sing next weekend in Belleville....

The thing I've noticed about God ... is that when I need Him the most.. He comes running with the words of a song.. JUST as I need them....

My last stop this afternoon, was a lakefront property just north of Omemee.....I sang the new song over several times on the way from Bobcaygeon.... I pulled into the driveway as the song finished..... I wasn't even out of the car, when the client pulled up in his truck and came rushing over, mad as a hatter, to vent ....

I have not been called down like that in a long time.....

by the time he got done, I was literally shaking.....

I finally said : Sir, you are shooting the messenger....... got in my car, and drove away.... as safely as my shaking hands could muster.....


sigh.... read the lyrics to the song.. and tell me God's timing isn't incredible :


Hold Me While I Cry


It’s been one of those days
If anything can go wrong, it went wrong
I know I’m feeling sorry for me,
There’s a lot of self pity going on
Tomorrow I will be ok, the dawn will bring a brand new day
I’m sure by then I’ll be fine
Today I really need a friend, I know Lord that you understand
Will you hold me while I cry?

Chorus

I take a lot of your time, when I should be strong.
I should be standing by now, but it’s you I’m leaning on!
You’ve always kept me safe from harm, like a child in your arms
You’ve cradled me through hardships faced in life
Lord, it’s just one of those days; I’ve been fought in every way
Would you hold me while I cry?!

I try to be strong, but if anyone can fall apart
I fall apart
I run back to you again, and you heal my broken heart.
You have truly been a friend, reaching out to lend a hand,
Lord, when you could have passed me by,
I’m asking for your strength today,
Lift my spirits, Lord I pray,
Would you just hold me while I cry??

*****

sigh.....so.... I had a good cry on the way home, talked to my kids..... and now I'm better....

sigh


6 Comments:

At November 02, 2006 6:15 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

What a blessing it is to be able to turn to the Lord, not only for direction/guidance, but also for love and comfort.

I've been going through my own issues lately and it makes me wonder how the unsaved cope with everyday life...some days, life is hard and without the love of God, you have NOTHING!

Paul, the words to that song made me cry...if you can, please email me the music. Sure would appreciate it.

Sorry to hear that you had a rough day.

 
At November 02, 2006 7:21 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

I can't believe it! I heard this song on our local christian radio station for the first time this week. I sent the title to Glenda so she could find the lyrics for me since she's much better at surfing the net than I am.And now it pops up on your blog! Cool. What a blessing to know that when there is no one else who can understand and hold us when we cry that God can and He gives more comfort than we can find ANYWHERE else. Thanks for posting this....and I hope tomorrow is a better day.

 
At November 02, 2006 7:27 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

My hat goes off to you for admitting that you had a good cry...most guys wouldn't do that.

 
At November 03, 2006 10:18 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my. I have been searching for those lyrics and unable to find them. And then.. here they are. first of all thank you! and secondly, I hope today is better for you. I've been taking a lot of his time these last few months. Crying mroe than I have in the last years combined I'm sure. Yet He just keeps on reaching out His arms and saying "come to me baby". God is pretty amazing, no? Hang in there! and again, THANKS!

 
At November 03, 2006 10:18 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah.. ditto to what Gayle said. Real men DO cry and admit it too!

this is Glenda btw, I forgot to initial my last post. oops.

G

 
At November 14, 2006 8:11 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home