Still rambling

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Flight By Night

well..... it's almost Halloween .... I'm spending 3 nights this weekend helping my friend Karen, with the Flight By Night corn maze...... I was there last night...I HAD A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry gayle, no photos!!! )

It was a really good night... it only started raining around 9 :30...we were out of the field by 10:15 or so..... my camoflouge jacket is still wet... tonight I'm wearing a yellow rain slicker ( not actually all that easy to HIDE with ) but I'll probably wear the camo stuff over top ) ....

we had a lot of fun last night..... I was pretty well camouflaged, and would stand in the corn near the entrance of the 10 acre maze.... and not say a WORD.... as people would walk past, I'd lunge out at them.....
they'd shriek and keep walking ( or running ) ..... after they'd round a corner, I'd sneak up on them from behind... and scare them alllllll over again.....I never tire of THAT!! ....

A couple of times, I wiped out but good.... took an entire row of stalks out at one point... cause I came flying around a corner after somebody ( I sure hope karen doesn't read this ) .... and missed the corner....... wiped out completely....... ugh....... and a little while later..... I spotted a bunch of teenagers heading across the open field along the edge of the maze ( after they'd completed it, and were on their way home ) .... I thought it'd be cool to come flying out of the maze and scare them.... what I didn't know was that there was a rail fence along the outside...... and my glasses were steamed up pretty good under my hoody ...... so I hit the edge of the maze, screaming and yelling.... and hit the rail fence... snapped it RIGHT in half....and went airborne.... I landed flat on my back facing the direction I'd just come from..... wondering WHO would put a RAIL FENCE RIGHT THERE!!!!!

somewhere in the process of those two wipe outs, I lost 2 Mag Flashlights and a Cobra walkie talkie.... DUH.....

and to finish the evening off....... I thought I'd scare a couple of people in the parking lot ( A group of mid 20's aged nurses had come from Kingston to this thing..... 3 of them had enough nerve to do the maze, but 2 chickened out..... and stayed in their SUV in the parking lot ) ..... the 3 brave ones dared me to scare them..... so I snuck into the chicken coop, got a horrificly freaky mask, put it on and headed over to their vehicle to scare them...... sadly, I couldn't see out of the mask very well.... and as I came out of the chicken coop, I walked RIGHT into the BBQ ..... tipped it completely upside down..... racks flying everywhere, briquets all over the place..... sigh......(thankfully, i REALLY scared the two girls in the Jimmy )

so...... one rail fence, one BBQ, 2 flashlights and a walkie talkie......

There goes the profits from LAST night....... aren't you glad you invited ME eh Karen!

sigh

wonder what I can break TONIGHT!!!!

3 Comments:

At October 28, 2006 4:41 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

At long last...you've found your calling!!!

I still remember the time you scared me and you didn't even have a mask on!!!

 
At October 28, 2006 8:20 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

This is just toooo funny!!! Someone needed to have a video camera and follow you around. Good thing you didnt' take your camera...it would never have survived! It's a good thing you don't take yourself too seriously.

 
At November 03, 2006 2:57 a.m. , Blogger Dorothy said...

It's been awhile since I've read your blog and you have me giggling and laughing out loud. Geewhiz Paul can you get any funnier? You are such a mess...but a sweet one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home