Still rambling

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Eaves Dropping at Wendy's

so.... I'm sitting at Wendy's last night, working on my paperwork and eating a burger..... I do this most evenings on my way home... It gives me a chance to get my site plans re-drawn to scale, before I get home, and then I can start the computer work right away..... I usually sit way back in a corner, away from everybody else, cause, quite simply... I'm nosy.. And if people sit near me, I can't help myself... I draw and LISTEN....

sigh.... Sometimes I swear I'm 12 years old..

aaaaaaaaaaanyway... Last night, I'm sitting way back in the farthest corner... And in walk these two guys... Mid 40's .... Just a couple of good ole boys.....
45 going on 9 .....
they plunk theirselves ( using the vernacular of the natives here... Work with me! ) down right next to me....

I felt like saying... THERE'S A WHOLE ROOM HERE...... But since I'm Spirit filled, I shut my mouth.... And eavesdropped....

For starters, these two guys are dressed head to toe in camouflage.... You can TELL you live north of 7 when..............

anyway.... They start yakking and giggling.... One guy eating; the other guy ( obviously broke cause he spent his money on his camouflage clothing ) sat there and talked the whole time....

the BULK of their conversation was about Mr-Too-Broke-To-Eat being chased by the police one night when he was running through town with a flat tire..... Miraculously, he outran them, sliding into his driveway just at the last second....

I felt like saying... HEY GRIZZLY ADAMS.... If the police are chasing you, going home isn't always the SMARTEST MOVE................

instead, I ate more of my double burger with no cheese.

they rambled on....

I drew some more....

as I was about to slurp the last of my frosty, I hear Grizzly Adams say :

"I've often thought, that if I would lower my standards, I'd get more dates."


Imagine my surprise.............. He's SINGLE.


And then he says... " But why should I LOWER MINE... I figure women in a class above me should lower THEIR standards and date me....."

Dating Tips with Grizzly Adams... Next on the Discovery Channel....


Tonight, I still may eat at Wendys.... But I'm sitting up near the FRONT!!

4 Comments:

At October 31, 2006 1:33 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

It pays to sit back and observe...you never know what you might hear or see!

Great post!

 
At October 31, 2006 3:47 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

You just never know when those dating tips may come in handy, Paul! And while you're sitting at Wendy's (my favourite fast food place) eat CHILI instead of a burger...it's more healthy!

 
At October 31, 2006 3:47 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Hey, there were no letters this time!!! YAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!

 
At November 02, 2006 8:48 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

I discovered this afternoon, that another good place to eavesdrop is the waiting room at the doctor's office!

People tend to "spill it all" while they're waiting their turn...I heard all about who has what condition, who split up with whom, who has kids to whom, etc. etc.

It can be fun to "people watch".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home