Still rambling

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Cooking Tips by Martha Stewart

ok, so that is the LAST time I'm going to listen to Martha Stewart.....

( even just saying that sentence sounds SOOOO un-male )

so she suggested ( almost sounds like she and I had coffee this week ) that I cook my bacon on a cookie rack ON a cookie sheet .. you know... one of those raised drying racks for cookies...
that way, the grease drips down off the bacon.... and it cooks nice and brown and crisp... and for the most part, grease free....

what she did NOT account for was the potential for said dripping grease to catch on FIRE.....



I must say... though the finished product was no where NEAR the new Tim Horton's sandwich... it was fairly edible... and when you combine the smoke filled room, it had an ambiance FAR superior to Timmy's...

Cough, Sputter... hack....

ok ... now to get the carcinogens out of my lungs!!

2 Comments:

At November 05, 2006 6:26 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Now do you see the reason for smoke detectors???!!!

Hope you enjoyed the sandwich...you sure went through enough to get it!

Hopefully, you have a self-cleaning oven, too. What a mess!

 
At November 06, 2006 10:16 a.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Oh Paul, whenever I need a giggle or a guffaw or a downright belly laugh I just visit your site...you are just too funny! I too hope that you have a self-cleaning oven!!
Glad to see pic's on your site again...after so many days I was beginning to worry that perhaps your inplanted camera had malfunctioned and I was concerned about how they fix those things!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home