Still rambling

Friday, November 03, 2006

TGIF

Back when I used to work in an office, I could not WAIT for Friday to come...... but for whever reason, over the last couple of years, I seem to have lost some of that excitement about the weekends coming... I'm not sure why.

When I sang with the chapelaires, sometimes the weekends were snakey..... though I LOVED travelling and singing, it was exhausting... and by sunday night when we'd get back, I'd be ready to go back to work for a rest....

a couple of weeks ago, somebody told me something their dad used to say :

" Find a job that you love and you'll never work a day in your life."

Today on Focus on the Family, they interviewed Larry Burkett ( before he died ) who founded Crown Financial Ministries and he said something way cool..... HE believes that God made everyone to do ONE thing exceedingly well.... you need to just FIND your thing....

I thought a lot about that today... I have found my job to be a God send.... it fits me to a T .... no, I'm not better than any of the other guys, but for my temperament, this job has fit my life very well.... so I'm very thankful.....
which is why most weeks, it is no big deal that it's Friday... for the most part, I don't mind mondays..... or Tuesdays.... daddy got too tired and is lying down, he'll finish later...

6 Comments:

At November 03, 2006 9:46 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

If God makes everyone to be able to do ONE thing exceedingly well, I believe that He will lead you to it - you won't have to FIND it yourself!

I enjoy my job, also...it suits my needs to perfection and I believe that God placed me there...however...I must confess - I was EXTREMELY happy that today was Friday!!!

On that note - have a great weekend!

 
At November 03, 2006 10:13 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to be happy it was Friday, then my son got involved in a musical that has practices starting at 8 am on saturday. I now DREAD saturdays. LOL Not forever....

I WAS glad to read that it was BEFORE Larry died that they interviewed him. I was worried there for a few moments.. bahaha

G (hoping your having a good sleep!)

 
At November 04, 2006 1:13 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

I visited the Chapelaires website and couldn't figure out why that one guy looked sooo familiar. Turns out I saw him when he sang with Emmaus Road! I'm sure they must really miss having you along.

 
At November 04, 2006 3:13 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

This is funny...I was just going through some "stuff" and came upon a picture of the Chapelaire's! Mom had sent it to me after you had been in Fitch Bay singing.

 
At November 04, 2006 3:15 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

we had such a good time in Fitch Bay..... we sang and sang.. but mostly laughed! it was a really fun night....

 
At November 07, 2006 2:15 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering all the other jobs you've had, especially the pig farm one. I would definitely say that the job you have now is a God send too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home