Still rambling

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Bumper Cars at Tim Hortons

I stopped at Tim Horton's this morning, on my way to the office.... to pick up some cookies... I felt it would be circumspect to kiss up to the underwriters..... ( that's just emotional baggage from 15 years as an insurance broker! ) .... anyway.. the place ( Tim Hortons ) was PACKED.... wall to wall cars, and half the driveway was blocked by a Tim Horton's delivery truck... I've often wondered why, when they are open 24 hours, couldn't they get their deliveries done during the night... but that's another question for another day ....... anyway.. I got in, and got out... but not OUT .... I sat in the parking lot for what seemed like ages...... Finally I got backed out of my spot,

whooeee.... I'm 3rd in line to exit the parking lot onto Lindsay Street....

just as I put my car into drive... whoooosh... this big Jimmy butts in front of me....

nope, I'm FOURTH in line....... I grunted.

I guess the lady who butted in front of me felt a little guilty.... cause all of a sudden, as she rolled in front of me... she leaned over to the passenger window and waved to me..... you know the type of wave... an apology wave??.....

and as she stopped waving, and started to turn back to the front, she crashed into the guy in front of her......

there were no words to describe how I felt.... ( but let me try ) .....

First, I felt bad.... then I laughed... then I felt bad again....

and I felt even worse, after they pulled out onto the street and down a side street to inspect the damage..... I thought about stopping.... but seriously... I had fresh cookies... and the underwriting staff was in need of buttering up....

sigh... be sure your butting will find you out!!

4 Comments:

At November 03, 2006 7:14 a.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

There IS justice in the world after all!!

 
At November 03, 2006 8:59 a.m. , Blogger Joyce Marks said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At November 03, 2006 9:00 a.m. , Blogger Joyce Marks said...

I would have laughed until I wet my pants... then I would have laughed about that too! lol

 
At November 03, 2006 10:07 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

bahahahaha

that is funny. Bet it's a while before she buts in again???

G

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home