Still rambling

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Pumpkin Pie....Not just for breakfast any more

When I was leaving Mom and Dad's house on Monday morning... I helped myself to a piece of pumkin pie.... breakfast of Champions, I hollered, as I stuffed my face.....

mom, of course, chortled..... YOU CAN'T HAVE PUMPKIN PIE FOR BREAKFAST............

actually, mom...... you can

and uh........ I JUST DID!!

mont mummm? ( that is uh.... "want some?" , with your mouth full! )

anyway.... I finished my breakfast, and as I did... I asked mom how she slept....GREAT! I haven't slept that well in several nights.... AND I feel better than I have since September...

I looked her square in the face and said: Know what I think is the key? PUMPKIN PIE

I think you should eat Pumpkin pie for breakfast from now on Mom..... ( I know I'm going to, JUST for the sake of her health.....)

as Marilyn Grimmel says... IT IS A VEGETABLE..... so there.....

Haven't you always wanted me to eat my vegetables mom? and isn't WHIPPED CREAM A DAIRY PRODUCT?????

ok then...

pass me a fork.... there's pie left

3 Comments:

At November 04, 2006 6:47 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

I believe you, Paul...after all, isn't chocolate a vegetable, too?
Chocolate comes from cocoa beans and beans are vegetables - ergo, chocolate is a vegetable.

Pumpkins are a close cousin to squash, which is a vegetable...making pumpkin pie with whipping cream...vegetable pie topped with dairy.

Having said all that, the most perfect food (under Canada's food guide) should be a Hawaiian pizza:

Crust = breads & cereals
Pepperoni = meat & meat products
Pineapple = fruits & vegetables
Cheese = dairy

Make sense???

 
At November 04, 2006 8:19 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

You are a nut...there is a way to justify most anything isn't there??!!

 
At November 05, 2006 6:31 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a dedicated son.

you are also a nutcase.

sarcasm on the first and serious on the second! LOL

G

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home