Still rambling

Friday, November 24, 2006

Grace

Well... the week is nearly over.... I'm so thankful for the sun... and for my friends who've prayed with me through a lousy couple of weeks....
I was reading someone's blog yesterday.... they had a gorgeous picture of a sunrise.... it made me stop and think... how come I always have sun SETS and not sunrises?

and then the thought hit me....... At this point in my life, Sunrises are like feet.... : You know they are there, but you just haven't seen them in a while!!!


I'm singing this weekend in Stoney Creek for a 50th anniversary banquet and then on Sunday....
I would appreciate your prayers!

Early this morning, well not THAT early, the sun was long up , a hymn came to mind ... one that has always meant a lot to me : here are the lyrics:

He Giveth More Grace

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as the labours increase;
To added affliction He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials he multiplies peace.

Chorus

His love has no limit, His grace has no measure,
His pow'r has no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again!


When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we've reached the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

Chorus

His love has no limit, His grace has no measure,
His pow'r has no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again!





4 Comments:

At November 24, 2006 1:34 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

I'm VERY familiar with this hymn...my mom used to sing it to me when I was sick or couldn't sleep at night...made me cry! Thanks for sharing!

All the best, this weekend...I'll think of you singing (while I'm studying)!!!

 
At November 24, 2006 2:30 p.m. , Blogger jel said...

Hi Paul, you will be a Blessing to the people at the anniversary this sunday!



I like the words to this song , I havn't heared ot before!

Have a Blessed weekend!

 
At November 25, 2006 9:41 a.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

I have put the words to this song to some pretty big tests and it's so true...

 
At November 27, 2006 7:14 a.m. , Blogger jel said...

how did the banquet go?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home