Still rambling

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A song from my past

I mentioned in yesterday's blog that Ganesh and I sang together .... it was this song... we didn't sing it in church, we sang it in the driveway!

.... it is a song we sang many times when we were students at college at Prairie Bible Institute in the 80's .....

It not only brought back many memories of college, but impacted us both again as we realized how much God does FOR us while he is bringing us through the hard times in our lives...

As much as I've hated a lot of the crap I've had happen in my life, I'm hoping that in the end, I won't be a shrivelled up bitter old man, but rather a person who found gold!

here's the song :


REJOICE IN THE LORD
by Ron Hamilton

God never moves without purpose or plan.

When trying His servant and molding a man.
Give thanks to the LORD, though your testing seems long.
In darkness, He giveth a song.

*Chorus*
O rejoice in the Lord!He makes no mistake.

He knoweth the end of each path that I take!
For when I am tried and purified,
I shall come forth as gold.

I could not see through the shadows ahead,
So I looked at the cross of my Saviour instead.
I bowed to the will of the Master that day,
Then peace came, and tears fled away!

Now I can see testing comes from above,
God strengthens His children, and purges in love.
My Father knows best, and I trust in His care;
Through purging, more fruit I will bear.

*Chorus*

O rejoice in the Lord,He makes no mistake.
He knoweth the end of each path that I take!
For when I am tried and purified,
I shall come forth as gold.

5 Comments:

At November 14, 2006 2:29 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that song! Good words... thanks!

G

 
At November 14, 2006 5:38 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

This is one of my most favourite songs from away back. It is just so encouraging to know in the middle of the bad times that God has a purpose and a plan. Sometimes that is all that gets you through.

It's also encouraging to look back to times when I couldn't even sing this song because life was so rough at that moment but now I can see at least a little of what God was doing and know once again that He really does know best and I can trust Him with everything. Life is full of trials and the testings are not over but knowing that we can have a song through it all makes it bearable.

Some songs resonate deep in your soul and spirit and this one does for me.

 
At November 14, 2006 10:17 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully you can forgive me someday for my lashing out. I have had a couple of great losses in my life and I am angry. I don't know who to trust because there seems to be no one strong enough to come alongside me. My lashing has pushed everyone away as it always has. Anyway, I'm sorry.

 
At November 15, 2006 6:48 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

...And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Ephesians 3:16-19

 
At November 16, 2006 6:27 a.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

This song has been going around in my mind constantly ever since I read it here!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home